Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

I think you could still have the connection between the two even with the interstate. West End and the core don't seem to have any issues with it. I think the bigger killer is everything between the interstate and the river. Getting something south and north of the stadium would drastically help

• Like 4

When you look at other cities using Google Earth, you see that many cities had the same thing happen when the interstate system was built. It was a 1950's mind set with no thought about the negative effects these highways would have cities all across the country.

It really is a shame they didnt have a crystal ball to see into the future. I am sure many cities would love to rip the interstates up and put them 20 to 30 miles outside the city limits.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, smeagolsfree said:

When you look at other cities using Google Earth, you see that many cities had the same thing happen when the interstate system was built. It was a 1950's mind set with no thought about the negative effects these highways would have cities all across the country.

It really is a shame they didnt have a crystal ball to see into the future. I am sure many cities would love to rip the interstates up and put them 20 to 30 miles outside the city limits.

The original intent was to run the interstates near but not through the cities, but local politics prevailed and we have the system we have now.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2018 at 8:07 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Unfortunately, there are many people who never learned that lesson and ignore the facts about highway development and expansion. Remember the ridiculous proposals during the transit fiasco? People proposed having a freeway end at the bottom of Broadway with a straight face.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

From one of Fox17’s City Cams this morning. Delta Queen docked at Riverfront?

CD4F12E4-2D10-427A-92EC-8ADFCC33FF2F.png

That looks like one of the riverboats used for river cruises on the Mississippi and Ohio rivers but I couldn't find a cruise on the Cumberland for this time of year.

• Like 1