Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Bringing the Preds and Titans downtown did wonders for 2nd Ave and Broadway, or so I have heard from older Nashvillians. 

Our riverfront has changed so much in the past 15 years. I think a lot has to do with the Titans being on the other side of the river because so many people use Siegenthaler Bridge to get there.

The market for restaurants and bars drastically expanded following the inaugural seasons of the Titans and Preds. Many of these places on Broadway are dependent on the local fanbase.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Work has me in Chicago for a month and I intend to post observations from time to time. Today’s photo and commentary are regarding a possibility of a new Walgreens or CVS for Nashville-here on State Street is a new(ish) residential building with a two level Walgreens, Joffrey Ballet above that retail space, and the residential portion above. Why is this combination of uses not also appropriate or desirable for Nashville? Seems like a win-win to me. Retail at street level, office or studio space for a few floors, and apartments or condos above! Seems logical enough, eh?

5BFAF7AD-1A3B-484C-AA30-27AECA6772E0.jpeg

It’s so logical....that it will never happen. :( 

On 10/18/2018 at 10:14 PM, nativetenn said:

Bringing the Preds and Titans downtown did wonders for 2nd Ave and Broadway, or so I have heard from older Nashvillians. 

Our riverfront has changed so much in the past 15 years. I think a lot has to do with the Titans being on the other side of the river because so many people use Siegenthaler Bridge to get there.

The market for restaurants and bars drastically expanded following the inaugural seasons of the Titans and Preds. Many of these places on Broadway are dependent on the local fanbase.

Before the Titans and Preds, I only recall going downtown a few times, and then it was for things like school trips to the state museum or the Capitol, or very rarely down to Church Street Center. But, once the Preds and Titans came to town, we were down every other weekend during the season, which I'm sure is a very similar experience to thousands of other middle Tennesseans growing up from the mid 80s to the early 00s.

• Like 2