Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

13 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Tampa style Cuban sandwiches, which predate Miami style Cuban sandwiches, are sooo good, especially coupled with a hefty deviled crab slathered in hot sauce.

I've toured the Ybor City Museum and was amazed at how the Cuban sandwich was created in Tampa with the blending of various ethnic groups.

12 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

If you want to drop some significant cash on a grand dining experience in Tampa-Bern’s Steakhouse is remarkable!

Thanks for the Tampa recommendations.  I've been working down here occasionally for over a year and love it!  The Tampa threads on UP is crickets but Orlando is very active.

• Like 1

Just now, jmtunafish said:

I had no idea "seeing eye dogs" were started in Nashville and that they were named for an actual school called The Seeing Eye.  Very cool!

I took that because I have a friend whose wife  is blind and what he told me that the term "Seeing Eye Dog" is a brand name just like Kleenex is for tissues.  And evidently the leading school was founded in Nashville. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can’t imagine what the same perspective will look like even in 2-4 years from now, with Fifth and Broadway, Nashville/Amazon Yards, Second Avenue, Paramount , and River North all hopefully either under construction or completed. These pictures also leave out the gulch and midtown which by themselves look like a whole different city lol. The current and future growth of this city is truly remarkable.

On an unrelated note the good news is I will be back in Nashville shortly from the UK to take pictures possibly and see all the development. The bad news is most of the time I will likely be in and out of Saint Thomas hospital due to a somewhat serious medical condition I currently have. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Binbin98 said:

On an unrelated note the good news is I will be back in Nashville shortly from the UK to take pictures possibly and see all the development. The bad news is most of the time I will likely be in and out of Saint Thomas hospital due to a somewhat serious medical condition I currently have. 

Sorry to hear you'll be in the hospital.  However, should you have the ability/free time, and would like a quick tour of all the construction sites, just let me know.  If I'm not traveling on business, I would be glad to show you around for an hour or two.  : )

• Like 2

I am a little worried about Paramount passing the Council because there was no warning of the incentive package for Amazon at all and there are a lot of Council members that have a bad taste in their mouths from the soccer stadium, to the Fort Negley deal, now Amazon and Tony's building and there are some raising concerns over selling the property on Charlotte where the public works facility is.

This is a lot in a short period of time and politicians have short term memories but this is all just too close for them to forget everything.

• Like 2

I believe it's from just south of I-440 (Grassmere office park). The CBD is very compact, which I think is part of its appeal to many... Lower Broad is just a short walk from Deaderick Street. Of course, in a few years that whole segment (left in photo) with the Grand Hyatt (u/c) and all the buildings around it will fill in. To the right, Ray Hensler's condominium tower will rise just to the the right of the two cranes at the Peabody Union site (you can see the tip-top of the KVB bridge). So that whole photo will soon stretch from left to right. Not to mention none of The Gulch shows up in the photo, and the Nashville Yards development will serve as a bridge to that section. I can imagine that the view from I-40 coming in from the airport will look very big and impressive in just a few years.

• Like 4