Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

11 minutes ago, Baronakim said:

This would be a strong candidate for a trompe l'oeil paint job to make it appear to be a  (albeit tall) building of matching period detailing .  With all the mural art around Nashville now, all four facades could transform this ugly building into a compatible look for Second Avenue.  Even better would be for someone to build a reasonably  scaled reconstruction replacing the burned down building at the surface parking lot at right.  Looks like a smiling portrait of someone missing a front tooth, IMO.

I also feel some type of way for that red building. It's sitting in such a prime location. 

On 4/6/2019 at 8:09 AM, titanhog said:

It's amazing how much that one, large red Verizon building detracts from this photo.  That's one major eyesore in a really cool downtown.

DT3.jpg

I've seen this building my entire life, but my brain has never locked on to it at all.   Yeah, it's ugly, but it seems to serve a vital purpose at least for now.  I don't want a big ass mural on the side of it.  The occasional image projection relevant to whatever event is going on would be cooler. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, nashscan said:

I've seen this building my entire life, but my brain has never locked on to it at all.   Yeah, it's ugly, but it seems to serve a vital purpose at least for now.  I don't want a big ass mural on the side of it.  The occasional image projection relevant to whatever event is going on would be cooler. 

Yes that would be quite cool; rather like the giant holograms in the Ghost in the Shell"film...only lower tech.   I, however, did not propose an artsy mural but rather a trompe d'oriel  treatment for it to appear like the fascade of the other 2nd Avenue buildings.  Actually the illusion would not have to be even painted all the way to the top, only as high as the height of existing buildings of the streetscape.   This form of art can be executed to quite realistically.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nashscan said:

I think something may be in the works according to what we have been hearing at the meet up. See what you guys miss.

• Like 3