Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

This whole event is approaching ridiculous. The month long inconvenience of closed streets, redirected traffic, the inconvenience to downtown regular office workers....The rather glib, “just from home” suggestion that really isn’t practical for many. 

I’m definitely curmudgeonly, but I wonder, in the future, if our new to town companies are going to like being told to send thousands of workers home for a few days so Nashville can have a party.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skyscrapergeek said:

If some crazy looking old guy starts loading in animals 2x2 on to that thing, we’ll know we’re in trouble.

2338717F-8FEC-4647-9761-C79EDD5D708E.jpeg

Might have been cheaper to use barges....  Has there been any announcement regarding the estimated turnout for the draft?

On another note... Nashville claimed it couldn't host a national convention for a political party, but it can host the NFL draft?  Seems to me with the MCC and BA right next to each other and the number of hotels in and around downtown Nashville, hosting a national convention for a political party should be a breeze.  Am I missing something?

14 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Might have been cheaper to use barges....  Has there been any announcement regarding the estimated turnout for the draft?

On another note... Nashville claimed it couldn't host a national convention for a political party, but it can host the NFL draft?  Seems to me with the MCC and BA right next to each other and the number of hotels in and around downtown Nashville, hosting a national convention for a political party should be a breeze.  Am I missing something?

I've seen estimates of over 200k for the draft.

As for hosting a national convention...I think it's more about the political atmosphere of the past 10-20 years that is causing many cities, including Nashville, from wanting to host such an event.  Can you imagine the protests and police / secret service presence for such an event?  Probably more of a headache than what it's worth.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, titanhog said:

I've seen estimates of over 200k for the draft.

As for hosting a national convention...I think it's more about the political atmosphere of the past 10-20 years that is causing many cities, including Nashville, from wanting to host such an event.  Can you imagine the protests and police / secret service presence for such an event?  Probably more of a headache than what it's worth.

No doubt in my mind...it can seem as risky as hosting a G8 (or how many there are) world economic forum.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chris holman said:

Nashville The World knows about this  City Now! . This Growth is only the Beginning

Screenshot_2019-04-14-22-45-51.png

Screenshot_2019-04-14-22-46-09.png

Screenshot_2019-04-14-22-48-38.png

Screenshot_2019-04-14-22-49-40.png

I disagree. Domestically Nashville is extremely popular, in the UK it is beginning to be popular, everywhere else I have been... not so much. Thats not to say it won’t get popular or known in the future internationally. But right now Nashville really is only known about in English speaking countries, and that statement is a generous one lmao. Sometimes I feel like Nashvillians think of their city too highly, me included at times.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Binbin98 said:

I disagree. Domestically Nashville is extremely popular, in the UK it is beginning to be popular, everywhere else I have been... not so much. Thats not to say it won’t get popular or known in the future internationally. But right now Nashville really is only known about in English speaking countries, and that statement is a generous one lmao. Sometimes I feel like Nashvillians think of their city too highly, me included at times.

I covered CMA/Fan Fest for the Tennesseean a couple of times about 10 years ago, and I met a good many Germans and French folks on the streets. There are significant (though small, compared to the US) country music fanbases in both of those countries, as well as Australia.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Binbin98 said:

I don't thing we are overrating ourselves at all.  I get out and Uber sometimes literally to just see and talk with people coming in to town.  It's nothing to do 5 or 6 rides in row without getting anyone from Tennessee much less Nashville.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1