Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

22 hours ago, nashvylle said:

I think the NFL Draft is going to make Nashvillians realize how underutilized our riverfront, particularly the east side is. Praying that we heavily activate these surface parking lots in coordination with any Nissan Stadium renovations or new stadium.

I sure hope so. So much potential but such (seemingly) little interest in doing anything about it.

• Like 1

Anyone have an idea of what is going on here?  **Edit** It is off Granny White near the Tyne Blvd intersection not far from Radnor Lake entrance 

20190417_172240~2.jpg

Here is a Google maps screen capture of the same house. I am very confused as the house has been like this for a few months.

Screenshot_20190418-090437_Maps.jpg

Edited by bigeasy
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bigeasy said:

Anyone have an idea of what is going on here?  **Edit** It is off Granny White near the Tyne Blvd intersection not far from Radnor Lake entrance 

20190417_172240~2.jpg

Here is a Google maps screen capture of the same house. I am very confused as the house has been like this for a few months.

Screenshot_20190418-090437_Maps.jpg

I drive by there every day. It has been like that for months. I have no idea.  

A few blocks away at the corner of Leland and Overton Lea, there is another house that was torn down except for 1 small portion ov the back wall. And a new house built in its place. This entire process happened while the other was on stilts. 

1 hour ago, volsfanwill said:

I drive by there every day. It has been like that for months. I have no idea.  

A few blocks away at the corner of Leland and Overton Lea, there is another house that was torn down except for 1 small portion ov the back wall. And a new house built in its place. This entire process happened while the other was on stilts. 

I've noticed both of these, too.    No, the area is not particularly prone to flooding.     Very bizarre whatever they're doing.    Seems like a lot of money being thrown at these.   

1 hour ago, Jamie Hall said:

I can't begin to imagine the logistical nightmare of lifting a house off the ground and building a new level below it. Yet another reason I was destined to never become an architect or engineer.

Especially when there's very little left of the original house. Nothing inside!!

The trend in this neighborhood (I live close by) is for spec builders to buy these 50's ranches on 1+ acre lots at market price, scrape them and build an 8000 sq ft mcmansion that covers most of the lot, priced in the  $1.8 - $2.5 million range.      And the new houses are snatched up as soon as they go on the market.      We'll probably sell in a few years and hate to think of our little ranch getting bulldozed, but such is the market.   

But whatever is going on with the house above is definitely an anomaly.      Just not sure what the market is for a second floor ranch. 

The NE corner of 5th Ave South and Peabody is an interesting slice.  I believe that Holiday Inn SoBro owns this little plot that has their hotel bordering on the east, and the Marriott TriBrand on the north.  They don't need it for parking, because they have a full garage pedestal in their newly complete hotel.  So, what are the plans for this?  Could it be another multi-story restaurant/club similar to The Diner at Demonbruen and 3rd Ave. South?   With the new Hilton Tru and Margaritaville hotels opening in the next several months on opposite corners, along with the very busy Clio apartments (formerly Olmstead) caddy-corner, this is going to be a very busy foot-traffic intersection.

Looking west from the 15th floor of the Holiday Inn SoBro:

5th and Peabody Holiday Inn SoBro parcel, Mar, 2019.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 9:56 AM, bigeasy said:

20190417_172240~2.jpg

There's a house on Eastland Avenue a couple blocks east of Riverside Drive that was raised and has been on supports exactly like these for at least a couple years now, but the main floor was not gutted. I believe the house is still occupied. Also not flood-prone.

• Confused 1