Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

20 minutes ago, e-dub said:

So ~400 square miles, thank you!  I wonder what the current population of pre-consolidation Nashville is today and how it compares to Memphis.

I think that's a decent estimate...just by eyeing it.  We should also consider that if that land was flat like Rutherford or Wilson, Davidson (Nashville) would easily have another 200k residents within the limits because there would be many people who live in the suburbs who would love to live that much closer to downtown.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 1

Absolutely fascinating info @UTgrad09!!!  Thank you so much for putting that all together.  It really helps to put things into perspective for sure.  The Urban Services District number, in terms of population, density, and overall area, is probably the closest we can come to a 'true Nashville' data set.  

• Like 3

What's weird is that in almost every town in America (I'm talking even small towns of 2-3000 people), the older parts of town have sidewalk infrastructure from long ago...but then there's almost a line where sidewalks ended when newer homes were built in later years.  There was an obvious moment in history where American cities stopped building sidewalks in just about every community.

• Like 3