Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

On 6/11/2019 at 4:49 PM, BnaBreaker said:

Nashville: 526 square miles

Memphis: 324 square miles

Nashville metro area is right at 2 mil. Memphis is something over 1.3 mil. The city of Atlanta is smaller than Nashville, but gets to 5.1 mil by the time they claim 29 counties as their metro. I think your stats are better than mine. What I saw was a map which showed the Memphis area larger. But hey, I stirred up 9775 replies.

28 minutes ago, archilove said:

Nashville metro area is right at 2 mil. Memphis is something over 1.3 mil. The city of Atlanta is smaller than Nashville, but gets to 5.1 mil by the time they claim 29 counties as their metro. I think your stats are better than mine. What I saw was a map which showed the Memphis area larger. But hey, I stirred up 9775 replies.

I think the best way to truly determine a city's population density would be to find the center of the city and then draw circles every 5 miles away from the center (5, 10, 15, etc) and calculate population density in each circle.

4 hours ago, archilove said:

No worries, totally understandable... as @titanhog and others have rightly pointed out there are many ways to go about calculating and quantifying this... I was just giving you the technical comparison, but I would agree with the others that those figures don't even come close to telling the full story. 

Here is a racing drone video that Derek Bouza of Ninth Planet Media LLC recorded, with permission, over Two Rivers Mansion and grounds. If you are prone to motion sickness you may want to skip this one! Hope the link to the Facebook post will work for everyone. (I was unsure how to share it otherwise.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

yes.

Brooklyn Bowl (part of retail).

@markhollin @smeagolsfree are the ballpark apartments ever going to be built?

I hope so. As they are building the Sounds Retail portion, they are slowly grading out the area that is to be the site of the apartments. Hopefully after the retail is done the apartments will start.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I hope so. As they are building the Sounds Retail portion, they are slowly grading out the area that is to be the site of the apartments. Hopefully after the retail is done the apartments will start.

I sincerely hope that as part of the construction, Metro figures out a way to redesign the greenway so that it can remain open.    It was a fail to route it inside the stadium, which is gated and closed many days of the year.     Same goes for the greenway through Ascend Amphitheater.   

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CenterHill said:

I sincerely hope that as part of the construction, Metro figures out a way to redesign the greenway so that it can remain open.    It was a fail to route it inside the stadium, which is gated and closed many days of the year.     Same goes for the greenway through Ascend Amphitheater.   

I think it just shows how little they really care about the greenways. It is just something they spend money on because the funds are there.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:31 AM, jmtunafish said:

Bridgestone Arena (or whatever it was originally called) when it was first built compared with today.  Well, not "today" today since the bottom picture still shows the old convention center.  Images from the Predators Facebook page.

Lâimage contient peut-être : ciel et plein air

Lâimage contient peut-être : nuit, ciel et plein air

Nashville Arena > Gaylord Entertainment Center > Nashville Arena > Sommet Center > Nashville Arena > Bridgestone Arena

there was a gap in sponsorship between Gaylord and Somet, and again after that ended abruptly.  I would be willing to bet though that with current popularity of Nashville and the primary tenant, if bridgestone were to end the contract, a new sponsor would be announced quickly. and it would not revert to nashville  arena.

• Like 1