Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Before you answered your own question I figured that was what it was. That has been a hot spot for a number of years now for workers and the oil industry and has turned that tiny little area into a boomtown. 

Thanks Titanhog for the images though as I always love trying to pick out a city in the dark trying to tell which one it is. It also shows the sprawl of a city too.

• Like 3

I also remember seeing that satellite image before and trying to figure out what in the world it could be because Regina was the only possibility I could think of but it would be too far south.  I also find it interesting to fly at night because you really get a good idea of how expansive a metro area really is but also I've seen how much empty space is in the western states as opposed to the east.  I remember flying from the Baltimore-Washington DC airport to Nashville at night and it seems like that huge metro area just went on forever!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Before you answered your own question I figured that was what it was. That has been a hot spot for a number of years now for workers and the oil industry and has turned that tiny little area into a boomtown. 

Thanks Titanhog for the images though as I always love trying to pick out a city in the dark trying to tell which one it is. It also shows the sprawl of a city too.

Really makes me want to see that area.  Can't believe there's that many lights in one rural place.  When I've heard them talk about the boomtown up there...I had no idea it was THAT huge.   Wonder what kind of infrastructure they have up there?  

11 hours ago, titanhog said:

Really makes me want to see that area.  Can't believe there's that many lights in one rural place.  When I've heard them talk about the boomtown up there...I had no idea it was THAT huge.   Wonder what kind of infrastructure they have up there?  

9 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Most of that light comes from the flaring of 'sour' gas, unusable as a byproduct of oil fracking/drilling. It's quite a sight with a dark blue night sky. 

The oil service companies are working on GTL (gas-to-liquid) technology that allows them to capture that gas and use it or sell it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_to_liquids#Aspirational_and_emerging_ventures

In Texas, south of Austin and San Antonio, you can see the Eagle Ford field in the shape of a crescent.

1496352355_ScreenShot2019-06-23at7_55_49PM.png.e8c61202423927acdb14d41eb52797f0.png

The Energy Information Agency projects that the U.S. will be a net exporter of petroleum products in 2020.  The last year we were a net exporter was in the 1950s.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:35 PM, CenterHill said:

I sincerely hope that as part of the construction, Metro figures out a way to redesign the greenway so that it can remain open.    It was a fail to route it inside the stadium, which is gated and closed many days of the year.     Same goes for the greenway through Ascend Amphitheater.   

I am continually baffled by why they chose to do that. It makes absolutely no sense. I get having a branch that goes through the stadium and amphitheater, but having the main route go through a gated area that is regularly closed just seems designed to discourage use of the greenway to regular commuters.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

From above Donelson? Madison? Possibly Rivergate or the county line at Hendersonville?

It was in East Nashville near the Cornelia Fort Airport with his drone. He posted a nice timelapse video of the storm from Saturday.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

That slanted horizon made my right eye twitch from borderline OCD issues. For any who suffer in a similar fashion...you’ve welcome! :tw_glasses:

B31B793F-3908-4260-B812-6D30D7738242.jpeg

Guess I don't see what you're talking about.  Looks pretty much straight across to me.  Same amount of horizon on both sides of the photo.  Am I missing something? :huh:

I was eating at 404 Kitchen Friday night when the storm hit and I thought thee were going to be some Mary Poppins servers as they were grabbing umbrellas on the patio. I had to zig zag through the streets on the way home tododge all the downed construction fences and such in the streets.

• Like 1