Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

I believe there are two more visible if you look really closely... one at Belmont at the theater and a short one at the hotel going up at 29th Ave & Poston. In that photo, the hotel crane is turned and the lighting makes it difficult to see but faint in front of the American Center building at 31st & West End.

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

Astonishing work Ron, thank you so much for all of it.  There truly is a jaw-dropping amount of development going on in Nashville, although scrolling through that list the pessimist in me couldn't help but notice that many of the most architecturally daring projects (Paramount, One KVB, Buckingham Gulch etc.) were the ones that were on hold or on the verge of being cancelled.  That's a bit disappointing, but even I really can't complain seeing everything else that is in the plus column.  Again, thank you for everything!

• Like 2

There are still a couple of links not working and I am clueless as to why but they are minor. I could have kept on going but I am sure I probably put TMI on there at this point. My brain is hurting, but it was about two weeks worth of work on and off.

The most telling stat was the population stat that we brought up at the meet and I would welcome discussion on a different thread....NOT THIS ONE PLEASE.

I was posting at the same time you were TH. That was not directed at you.. :tw_smiley:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great work, Ron! Thanks!

Regarding the Tennessee county estimates, you can't put any stock in them. They're always undercounted between censuses. Some counties have done mid-census counts, but Davidson has not done one since 1974. An actuary friend estimates that the current population of DaCo is just under 720k. He's a retired statistics professor at Sewanee and does consulting for Tenncare and a large health insurer in the state.  He has had a projection of 735k for the past 10 years. He hit the 2010 county within .5%. Not to dismiss your point however, the surrounding counties are taking more growth (in some cases) at the expense of Davidson. As such, he acknowledges that Davidson growth slowed in the past two years, but not much. Like almost everyone else, he also does not know how to anticipate the effect of Amazon et.al.  Maybe he's hedging but he now says it won't reach his 735k figure by next year. I'd like to see residential permits for all counties around Davidson since 2010, but don't know where they all are compiled. Anyone here have access to all counties for the decade?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Great work, Ron! Thanks!

Regarding the Tennessee county estimates, you can't put any stock in them. They're always undercounted between censuses. Some counties have done mid-census counts, but Davidson has not done one since 1974. An actuary friend estimates that the current population of DaCo is just under 720k. He's a retired statistics professor at Sewanee and does consulting for Tenncare and a large health insurer in the state.  He has had a projection of 735k for the past 10 years. He hit the 2010 county within .5%. Not to dismiss your point however, the surrounding counties are taking more growth (in some cases) at the expense of Davidson. As such, he acknowledges that Davidson growth slowed in the past two years, but not much. Like almost everyone else, he also does not know how to anticipate the effect of Amazon et.al.  Maybe he's hedging but he now says it won't reach his 735k figure by next year. I'd like to see residential permits for all counties around Davidson since 2010, but don't know where they all are compiled. Anyone here have access to all counties for the decade?

That is my hope as I knew those were only estimates and I noted that we will know more come the 2020 census. I know the UT studies are off many times as well as one report showed Cheatham losing population, but we all know better than that , as a county that rings Nashville will grow despite what the numbers might suggest and the building impact fees are gone there and there are new apartments and yes, tall and skinnies being built there too.