Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

10 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I'd like to see residential permits for all counties around Davidson since 2010, but don't know where they all are compiled. Anyone here have access to all counties for the decade?

It takes a bit of digging, but that info is available at the US Census web site.  Not all counties in the country report their building permits, but I'm pretty sure all metropolitan area counties do.

https://www.census.gov/construction/bps/

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rockatansky said:

Melrose Kroger & Monroe St Kroger?

In the true definition of Urban Grocery they would not qualify and I am stretching some of the others on the list, but  true urban grocery store typically would be like the HG Hill in the Veridian and the Whole foods in the 1200 Broad building. The Kroger on 21st is another great example as the parking is in the rear, the store addresses the street. There is limited parking and space and many times the stores have a level and a half such as that Kroger or the Turnip Truck on Woodland. 

Urban grocers are typically smaller than the traditional super market too.

Both of the Kroger's are far from urban in the nature that they are set back from the street, not pedestrian friendly, nor have huge parking lots in the front of the stores.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

In the true definition of Urban Grocery they would not qualify and I am stretching some of the others on the list, but  true urban grocery store typically would be like the HG Hill in the Veridian and the Whole foods in the 1200 Broad building. The Kroger on 21st is another great example as the parking is in the rear, the store addresses the street. There is limited parking and space and many times the stores have a level and a half such as that Kroger or the Turnip Truck on Woodland. 

Urban grocers are typically smaller than the traditional super market too.

Both of the Kroger's are far from urban in the nature that they are set back from the street, not pedestrian friendly, nor have huge parking lots in the front of the stores.

I was think less in terms of design, and more in terms of location.