Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

19 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Wow, incredible angle!  May I ask what the source of that photo is?  I'd like to share it a couple other places if possible.

I took it with my cell phone - feel free to share wherever. 

I can take additional photos from this building whenever, let me know if you'd like to see more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Andrew_3289 said:

I took it with my cell phone - feel free to share wherever. 

I can take additional photos from this building whenever, let me know if you'd like to see more. 

You have quite an eye for photography!  Thank you for your willingness to share it.  

Fill that area to the right of the Capitol in with the stuff that's coming... AEG, Amazon, Giarratana's Stacked Boxes and that whole backdrop will look like a big city. The scale of those buildings really gets lost (i.e. diminished) with Capitol Hill in front/center, but it's a beautiful view. 

• Like 4

On 10/26/2019 at 11:00 AM, nashvylle said:

Is there any precedence for tearing down an art project for something different? 

It is doable but there would likely have to be a lot of public support.

Also, even though Metro commissioned it and likely outright owns it, there are usually lengthy agreements with the artist about how the piece is to be displayed, maintained, etc. Metro would likely have to (i) move it somewhere else that falls within whatever parameters are in the agreement, (ii) store it, or (iii) sell it.  If it is widely hated enough to get the support to remove it, it will probably be hard to find a buyer.

• Thanks 2