Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

I agree they should have nighttime lighting, but it’s hard to achieve when you factor in homeowners and hotel guests who don’t want their living spaces bright as midday at midnight. Solutions such as blackout drapes are costly and don’t always work. It’s a trade off. 

I was thinking with the JWMarriott they could do something like Bridgestone where the lights are at the base of the roof and point upwards to the top glass panels that are there to basically cover the mechanical stuff.  When you look at Bridgestone the red lights don't appear to shine at all on the top occupied floors.

9 hours ago, japan said:

I tried to go check this rooftop out this weekend but was told it was being renovated.  Didn't it just open a few years ago?

I booked an igloo at the Bobby rooftop for my wife and 8 of her girlfriends last winter for 3 hours........they had a blast.  They also played curling as well.   It might have been closed last weekend due to them adding those things for the winter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

The approach from the south on I-71 into Cincinnati offers a pretty impressive revelation.  Seems I recall coming through a tunnel and you suddenly see the city across the River (but it’s been a while since I drove into the city, so my memory could be a little fuzzy). Photo from a web search.

08993FEE-32AE-4A38-8371-4BBEA73D6E3C.jpeg

Yeah, I love the way Cinci just HAPPENS very suddenly on 71. If you know what you're looking for, you can see the top of the Great American before you hit that curve on the interstate, but it's sneaky.

6 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Here are a couple of photos from 2015-taken from the Carew Tower Observation Deck. 49 floors up-awesome views. I sure wish Nashville’s L&C Observation Deck was still open!

https://cincinnatiusa.com/things-to-do/attractions/carew-tower-observation-deck

The crown on that building is pretty cool

gac building park.jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, OnePointEast said:

Has anyone ever noticed how going southbound on I-24 as you approach Nashville from the north, all of a sudden the merging onto I-65 brings you close to the core of Nashville. It feels almost like a portal if you think about it. Any other mid-sized or major cities that happen to have something unique like that?

20191106_132823.jpg

20191106_132848.jpg

I don't have my own photo's but there are a couple of approaches into Baltimore that are similar.  One in particular is when you're traveling north bound on MD-295 which is called the Baltimore-Washington Parkway.  As the parkway ends you get a nice view of the Baltimore skyline.  The best vista of the skyline that I'm aware of is on I-395 North heading into downtown.  Also, when you come out of the Baltimore Harbor tunnels there are nice views of the skyline.  The photo below is from Googlemaps.  It's what drivers would see going southbound on I-95 taking the ramp to I-395 northbound heading into the city.

image.thumb.png.3df9d5758a9a5b81f434538b518bef17.png

This is one of the vistas you get of downtown Baltimore as you're traveling along the BW Parkway into the city.  I like how they have the Baltimore sign on the side of the hwy.  I wish Nashville would do something similar or place signage on bridges like they have in Orlando.

image.png.2aff62e3d1713c206d4432730b750672.png

“The approach from the south on I-71 into Cincinnati offers a pretty impressive revelation.  Seems I recall coming through a tunnel and you suddenly see the city across the River (but it’s been a while since I drove into the city, so my memory could be a little fuzzy).”

My recollection of a dramatic city entrance is accurate, but exactly which city was a little off...the one I had in mind was the entry to Pittsburgh upon exit from the Fort Pitt Tunnel. Bam! Welcome to Pittsburgh.

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-12660980-pittsburgh-pa---circa-november-2015-view

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1