Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, Native said:

This is the NOAA satellite image for tonight.  I notice that Nashville is more spider-like than Atlanta and Memphis.  This is because of large undeveloped areas like parks, lakes, rivers and wildlife preserves and somewhat because Nashville has never really "filled in" the way some larger cities have.  This would seem to be a good thing but I expect some of these regions will fill in as the city grows.  Main takeaway for me is that we are very fortunate to live here.  Lots of room to grow.

The "donut" towns like Clarksville, Murfreesboro and Lebanon are still distinct entities, but that could change in time.

I also think it's because Nashville's suburbs sprawl along interstate arteries more than most.

• Like 3

The current satellite imagery of Nashville makes me think of the growth I saw while living in Seattle as the empty spots on I5 on the way to Tacoma eventually filled in.  It starts off looking like a spider but ends up looking like a giant blob.  You can still see the denser areas around that image of Atlanta that aligns with the major interstates.  That's where it starts but eventually it all fills in, especially with the growth we've seen in recent years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Native said:

I think the Ryman will be enhanced by having the Museum of African-American Music across the street.  Ground zero for American music.

I couldn't agree more.  Truthfully, the roots of modern country/americana and the roots of modern hip-hop/r&b really aren't very far apart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I couldn't agree more.  Truthfully, the roots of modern country/americana and the roots of modern hip-hop/r&b really aren't very far apart.

Yeah...historically, we've tried to separate black / white music in this country...but in so many ways, it's all intertwined and race doesn't have as much to do with music's creation, but how you've lived your life...your pain...your joy...etc.  We're not as far apart as people sometimes think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1