Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Well... to be fair, the LA shot is from further away and the LA skyline is about twice as tall across the board... for example the 777 Building (the white lit up skyscraper at center right) is about 200 feet taller than 505 in Nashville... BUT I do agree with you that from that angle the general spread of the skyline has an LA flavor to it, especially with that freeway winding through the foreground.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Well... to be fair, the LA shot is from further away and the LA skyline is about twice as tall across the board... for example the 777 Building (the white lit up skyscraper at center right) is about 200 feet taller than 505 in Nashville... BUT I do agree with you that from that angle the general spread of the skyline has an LA flavor to it, especially with that freeway winding through the foreground.

True we are just getting started, our skyline will be a dense one in a couple of years

• Like 3

Looking at these old photos has become one of my favorite things on this forum. 

Looking at the one above, I noticed the building that once sat on the block bounded by Second/First and Church was very large. Does anyone here have any better pics and information on that?  Recently with the photos of the old Maxwell House, I've wondered if a replica of that building would fit on this site? 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 2:28 AM, chris holman said:

Were looking the good these days. Not a bad  comparison to Los Angeles with their population being at around 7,000,000 and we are nowhere near done :tw_glasses:

losangeles.jpg

Most major cities (other than New York, Chicago, etc.) have only a handful of supertalls, and they skew you're perception of the skyline as a whole. It would only take three or four supertalls added to that Nashville skyline to give the effect of a fairly large city. 505 may be 200 feet shorter than the Los Angeles building but appears taller than it actually is because it sits on a hill.

Edited by archilove
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 2:28 AM, chris holman said:

Were looking the good these days. Not a bad  comparison to Los Angeles with their population being at around 7,000,000 and we are nowhere near done :tw_glasses:

True and L.A. has a few  extra-CBD clusters of urban density in Westwood, Century City, and Wilshire BL, and whichever I don't know about. Also is the L.A. metro pop.  not north of 12 million?

Edited by dragonfly

On 12/16/2019 at 5:56 AM, titanhog said:

^^Looks like a major city.

If only the hardheaded folk wouldn't get in the way of public transportation, we'd actually [be] a major city. (And people would be able to get around the mess of pikes, limited  actual thoroughfares, and highways-used-like-streets.)

• Like 2