Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Cool photos, Bigeasy. Welcome to the forum and thanks for bringing a camera. That's always a big plus for people like me who are separated from Nashville. What are the two apartments in the pictures right after the MCC? The first looks like Nance Place I think. Is the second also at RMH?

I am also away from Nashberg... and I appreciate all pics (thanks, Bigeasy, very much!!). I am going to guess that the first apartment building is the Ryman Lofts... and the second pic is of Nance Place... but that is just based on the renderings I've seen.

Cool photos, Bigeasy. Welcome to the forum and thanks for bringing a camera. That's always a big plus for people like me who are separated from Nashville. What are the two apartments in the pictures right after the MCC? The first looks like Nance Place I think. Is the second also at RMH?

Same here! Keep the great pics coming and welcome to the board!

Thanks guys! Hopefully I can take more, and if any of you ever have requests for certain projects just give me a shout and I would be glad to head out to take some updated pics for everyone

When you get a chance, would you mind taking several pictures from several different angles of Pine Street Lofts? I consider this project to be underrated, but I am concerned about the placement of the parking garage, and I would like to see how that is coming along. Thanks

I don't have a photo, but if you go to the music city center construction web cam and zoom to the max... then center pic on the Pine Street Flats in the background (in front of Icon), you can at least see that the apartment units are being built around the parking garage in the center. Most of it is covered and invisible from the street. It's kind of hazy today... but you can look at all the archived photos and zoom on those too.

http://oxblue.com/open/clarkconstruction/nashvilleconventioncenter

Did someone say cranes

View from Love Circle

Belmont cranes

003.jpg

Downtown

002.jpg

Vandy and Note 16

001.jpg

Five tower cranes Downtown

040.jpg

035.jpg

New ramp from Rolling Mill Hill to the Trolley Barns

038.jpg

Korean Veterans blvd moving right along

037.jpg

The Square @ 4th

028.jpg

026.jpg

5th and Garfield

025.jpg

West End assembly of cranes. So many cant get them all in one shot. There are two more.

014.jpg

009.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, kewl, these are beauts!! We should be proud, grateful, and excited to live, love, follow a city like this! Especially at this time!

Hey Ron, I noticed you got the Children's Hospital in one shot but not the new extension. Just wondering if you happen to get it and/or if that is finished? If not, no biggie, just curious.

Wow, kewl, these are beauts!! We should be proud, grateful, and excited to live, love, follow a city like this! Especially at this time!

Hey Ron, I noticed you got the Children's Hospital in one shot but not the new extension. Just wondering if you happen to get it and/or if that is finished? If not, no biggie, just curious.

That is a strange animal there. I have never been able to really tell that it started and or finished. There is so much mass overthere its hard to tell even when you are right next to it. The crane in the aboave shot was part of one of the medical center tower build outs.

That is a strange animal there. I have never been able to really tell that it started and or finished. There is so much mass overthere its hard to tell even when you are right next to it. The crane in the aboave shot was part of one of the medical center tower build outs.

Thanks. Gotcha. Actually, after looking at the shot again, that is the corner where the work was going on. I'll have to look at some old photos I have to see what changed.

Also, the garage on the VA site looks to be complete too. Lower left corner.

Yeah, that area is just massive!! One of my favorite parts of town.

5th and Garfield looking great!

So I counted 15 cranes??

I really appreciate the shot of KVB looking to the west... and what do you guys think is needed in that Roundabout? Something like Musica... how about a "great big" fountain? And wouldn't it be nice if something architecturally significant and large went on that other side of the roundabout? I think it would be great to see something like a large, 21st Century interpretation of the War Memorial Auditorium and the Prometheus statue with the looming American General (Tennessee Tower) in the background. Maybe that's where Nashville's Korean or Vietnam war memorial should go. Wow! Talk about a statement to convention visitors. And folks, we haven't yet seen what is going to go up on those sites across KVB from the convention center... I'm keeping my hopes up that they will be very very nice (if not tall towers) buildings. BTW: By my estimation, Hensler's tower will be visible from that vantage point... just to the right in the background, and pretty big from that distance too.

Edited by MLBrumby

Just want to be clear that what you are talking about is the 10-story "doctors' tower" added to Children's during the past 2 years... they have not yet embarked on their expansion on the block at 21st yet, have they? It was announced about 5 years ago... then postponed. I had not heard that they were starting this.

Edited by MLBrumby