Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

5 hours ago, chris holman said:

Just wait until the Four Seasons is complete 

SmartSelect_20200508-050307_Zillow.jpg

That's such a nice photo, and makes the Nashville I knew almost unrecognizable (thanks Batman). I'm sure partly b/c of the houses in foreground, but this reminds me a bit of a California city. Perhaps that's not the most flattering thing to say about a city, but I'm just referring to this angle of the skyline.

When I see skyline shots, I can't help imagining how gaps could/would be filled in, usually with no building(s) planned for those places. But Nashville has the luxury (not only being in a boom but) of actually having buildings underway or proposed to fill in the gaps above. Left to right: One22One (u/c); Novel Edgehill (u/c foreground); Amazon 3 (prop), possibly blocked from view someday by Buckingham Gulch;  W Hotel (u/c); Embassy Suites/One (u/c) will block the glimpse of R2D2; 801 Lea (u/c); Greystar Gulch (u/c); Four Seasons (u/c). Plus, anything built at the KVB Roundabout will stand out from this perspective. One or two of the Hines/Reed development may also be visible.

So imagine the above with Paramount looming above it all. 

• Like 2

It was really cool to see that be created on here before going totally  viral on Nashvillian social media. We may have to hit them again with a new version after these new towers finish up.

Edited by henburg
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, PHofKS said:

The full picture;

28540549307_8f08193fb3_c.jpg

It went viral around the world. There were at least 2 million views, by my figuring, and people in Europe and Asia were even talking about it. It also, reportedly, appeared on a national news program.  People were amazed a city could transform like that in a short period. 

It was a collaboration between donNdonelson2, TitanHog,  and myself.

Oh yeah, and instagram passed it around, also.

I remember before Encore condos and pinnacle building was constructed how small our skyline was I was thrilled to see towers south of Broadway when they went up 

SmartSelect_20200509-071409_Chrome.jpg

Edited by chris holman
  • Like 2