Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

14 hours ago, markhollin said:

That blank wall on the 10 story AT&T structure facing 2nd Ave. North is just begging for a spectacular mural or night time laser/high def. projection art installation.  (Courtesy of Music City Aerial):

AT&T from NE at night, Music City Aerial, April 2020 x.png

I say it's begging to be moved! Along with the building next to it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, markhollin said:

That blank wall on the 10 story AT&T structure facing 2nd Ave. North is just begging for a spectacular mural or night time laser/high def. projection art installation.  (Courtesy of Music City Aerial):

AT&T from NE at night, Music City Aerial, April 2020 x.png

Reminds me of Cite Memoire in Montreal.  Really awesome urban lighting installation. 

The Notre-Dame and Jacques-Cartier Bridge installations were designed by Moment Factory which is an incredible company that combines video, lighting, architecture, sound and special effects.  

• Like 4

On 5/14/2020 at 8:10 PM, Salbato said:

Credit Metro Nashville Archives 1970s

FB_IMG_1589504916875.jpg

I actually have a postcard of this. It's one of the oldest cards in the my collection of postcards of city skylines (from the U.S. and the world). I have about 1,000 dating from the late 1960s to the late 2000s.

I'm hoping to sell it one day, so if anybody is interested in buying (or knows somebody who might be) ... contact me.

• Like 3

Based on the years that specific buildings were completed, I'd guess that picture is from 1973.  Is that yellow building in the center foreground still standing? What was it?  But look how barren the area was that's now Metro Center.

Edited by MLBrumby

17 hours ago, East Side Urbanite said:

I actually have a postcard of this. It's one of the oldest cards in the my collection of postcards of city skylines (from the U.S. and the world). I have about 1,000 dating from the late 1960s to the late 2000s.

I'm hoping to sell it one day, so if anybody is interested in buying (or knows somebody who might be) ... contact me.

I have that same postcard, too. One of my favorites.

16 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Based on the years that specific buildings were completed, I'd guess that picture is from 1973.  Is that yellow building in the center foreground still standing? What was it?  But look how barren the area was that's now Metro Center.

That yellow building was demo'd between 1997-2000 and has been an empty lot for over 20 years. I'm forgetting what it was, possibly an auto supply store ?

The view of the lot today: https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1524532,-86.7732822,3a,60y,31.86h,90.55t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sJFN3N2Emm1-ivyC5dNVDxw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Thanks 2