Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Just now, nashvylle said:

Do you or does anyone have any shots from this building? I’ve always wondered if you have downtown views. 

Our unit didn’t face that direction, we looked over Hillwood, but the units that face downtown on the upper floors do have downtown views. In fact, you can see downtown pretty well from one of the bends in Brookmont Terrace as it goes up the hill from Harding Pike. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Allegedly the view from Wessex towers upper units...  genMid.2099395_15_7.jpg

It's only about 7 miles from the core. 

It's on Nine Mile Hill, which supposedly meant it was nine miles from the Capitol.  But better roads could have shortened the distance a bit.  In the 50's there was a night club up there that was popular for fraternity parties and the like.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, downtownresident said:

Found this really old picture I had saved on my phone. Unsure of who took it, or where it came from, but it’s allegedly from 2003. TBT: 

A7BCF669-E89A-46A4-A67B-67D73389B86F.jpeg.36d4b9d4c73316b180ffca4b2c4b657a.jpeg

Mostly limestone / concrete ....but now, mostly glass.  Definitely a different looking city today.  You should do a compare and contrast post if you can a photo of how the city looks today from that angle.  Of course, it will miss many new buildings in the shot.

• Like 3