Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

The photo can't be enlarged, but I think the Embassy Suites/One towers will fill in immediately to the left of Snodgrass. Not sure about where Giarratana's 'twins' will go, but pretty sure (if built) the Amazon big boy will really fill that gap to the right of Snodgrass. Of course, the Four Seasons will be a good anchor at the far left, and Conrad Hilton is only right now a little more than halfway up at the far right. I do wonder how visible the Buckingham tower would be from this POV. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, titanhog said:

I can't help but look at this shot and immediately start thinking about where to fill in the gaps and how tall the buildings need to be to even things out. :wub:

Tear down the Sheraton along with it's worst in the world parking garage and build a mixed use complex with a 40 story Giarratana special as its centerpiece.

Incentivize him to put parking below grade and your big gap is filled along with a revitalized Anne Dallas Dudley corrider.

• Like 1

The Sheraton underwent significant upgrades/renovations about three or four years ago (to the tune of about $15 million, I believe). I highly doubt there would be serious consideration, at this point,  of any possibility of demolition. Agreed that the old CBD would greatly benefit from some love from the city AND a few ambitious developers!

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Like 3