Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it's the one of the best drone shots (amazing quality) of the city that I have seen.

Courtesy of TAPP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGzWZ3cF17s

Not sure why the video wouldn't embed, please feel free to post it correctly!

Edited by AF-Nash
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

One note the 750' Nashville Tower was very futuristic resembling the Jetsons tower and I think I saw it one time. If anyone has the rendering please post it.

You left out the Marina City Center proposal, which also looked like the Jetsons Tower. I can't seem to locate a photo of the proposal.

https://www.emporis.com/buildings/210455/marina-city-center-nashville-tn-usa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Wow, so this was the one I thought was the 1975 but this was proposed in 04'. You would not happen to have a rendering of this tower would you??? 

I believe these were two entirely different projects. The proposal from the '70s, I believe, was to be like the Nashville version of the CN Tower or the later Knoxville Sunsphere. Essentially an observation tower, but not a full-fledged skyscraper with occupied floors. Conversely, Marina City was an apartment building proposal that was widely panned for being way too out-of-place and comically futuristic.

5 hours ago, AF-Nash said:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it's the one of the best drone shots (amazing quality) of the city that I have seen.

Courtesy of TAPP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGzWZ3cF17s

Not sure why the video wouldn't embed, please feel free to post it correctly!

Love all the fast and slow zooms...and spin transitions.  Wish they would have showed a few more clips at night.

On the towers not built...I loved the old Virgin version.  Would have been a great addition.  Also...the original 505CST was amazing.  Hope Tony revisits...along with Siggy.

Also...I think we definitely built the right MCC...even though I wish they would have activated the building with retail areas all the way around.  Would have really helped that neighborhood.

• Like 1

I will be doing a part two of projects that never were, however it will be incorporated into the master list. After doing more research I have found more than double the number of projects and a lot of renderings.  I hope Pete has some of these as I sent him the list.

Also if anyone has the rendering of the massive rerouting project of the Cumberland , please PM it to me. Also a project called Plaza of the Arts. I dont remember that one as well as the Marq of Nashville. This is the12 story that the Enclave sits on now. The neighbors got upset with the height.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2