Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Added four more to the bottom thanks to Gannman.

Mark do you want me to keep this posted here or move back over to Project Thread. Posted on this one by mistake. I just want to keep on an active thread because if it is its own thread then it will get archived  and we cant access it anymore.

Sorry guys I got some of the post out of order when I moved them and I reposted this list anew as well.  I have yet to add the addition of the apartments over the Music City Central. 

I didnt see your post until this morning Don and I have to find the rendering   unless you have. Seems as if there were two.

I also added the Pantheon Project that was to have gone where the UMPH was, where the JW Marriott is now. In hind site, at looking at a lot of these projects, I do which we got some, especially Tony's projects that have been posted as I have my favorites. There are a lot I am so glad never got built as we got much better projects in the long run.

This endeavor got a little out of hand once I started looking and found there were a lot more than I realized.

Let us know what your favorites were.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

So are there no plans to build anything atop the Music City Central or the Public Square Garage at all anymore??  That'd be a shame if they opted against such efficient and smart usages.

There is a height restriction in the areas to the west, north, & east surrounding the Tennessee State Capitol Building to protect the views. That is specified in the downtown code (see screenshot below). I think I recall there being a restriction on new residential construction in the area immediately surrounding the Capitol as well, although I cannot find documentation of that recollection. I did come across one document online that noted the long term goal to acquire the Capitol Towers residential building  for the return of that corner of the Capitol to a part of the state government campus after its demolition.

FE37A2AD-CBB9-410C-9F45-7B276DBCE34B.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Here are a couple of renderings of the proposed addition above the Public Square Garage, and the related improvements to the property.

B6ADF07E-B0D6-418B-80CB-B48F65C3B104.jpeg

C5CD32AF-82B6-434D-AEBE-8CCF863AE2D9.jpeg

This is my favorite design from the impressive collection of the unbuilt.

19164878-22EA-4CEC-B580-FCB66BC6E498.jpeg

I an still holding out hope for the Public Square Garage project as I still have it on the development map.  You never know!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

If that is drawn to scale, then it will be taller than the UBS tower!! Isn't that a Giarratana project, or did he sell the garage already? 

Stoltz Real Estate of Philadelphia is the building owner. I believe Tony’s Premier Parking still operates the garage, but I don’t think he was ever the owner of the building. Stoltz also owns the Stahlman Apartment Building and an office building at 4th & Church, I believe.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Btw…I contacted Hoar Construction and asked if they would share their Broadwest live cam…and they told me they don’t have one.  I could have sworn when they first started building, there was a live cam that someone discovered, but then the contractors made it private.  Am I correct about that?

Turner is handling the office tower, they may have a live cam. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1