Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Well then its not going to happen as there is no where that is zoned for a 300' building outside the loop so to speak. It will not happen in Green hills becuase of the pushback it would get.

If it happens it will be well past 20 years from now.

Could it happen in Chestnut Hill right outside the interstate loop in New Heights District or AJ Capital’s Warehouse & Co?

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 2

Metro Center: no. Zoning not allowing it and Metro would say it would be out of place. Besides Metro Center is 90% built out. The Ewing project will likely never happen on the other side of the river and Metro has not made a move to rezone his property for high-rises.

New Heights will be a challenge as current zoning does not allow for it. Their best case will be 20 stories, IMO if that. Again that would be out of character for the Chestnut Hills area of town which is primarily residential in nature. I think their proposal is a little too ambitious. 

Nashville is not Atlanta for several reasons and thus will never have the groupings of high-rises outside of the core that Atlanta does. The reason is that Fulton County is not a Metro form of government and numerous municipalities did what they wanted to do to attract business there. If that took allowing a 30 story skyscraper then it was built. Fulton is roughly the same size as Davidson in square miles.

Nashville is not Houston which has no zoning. 

Now it is possible at some point you may see a 300 footer outside the core in another county like Rutherford, Williamson, or Wilson. One of those may end up doing it at some point if the right developer comes along and drops the right amount of dollars in the right pockets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2021 at 6:27 AM, markhollin said:

TBT: Nashville Arena (now Bridgestone Arena) u.c., Aug. 15, 1995

Aug 15, 1995, arena uc x.png

I remember as a kid, my parents took me to the groundbreaking ceremony for the arena. I was then fascinated by watching it rise up from the ground, and how a building like that is engineered. I've been hooked ever since!

• Like 2

On 1/16/2021 at 11:44 PM, titanhog said:

So…where do you guys predict will be the first skyscraper outside of the loop / midtown / west end? (300’+)

I would have to bet on mid-town close to I-40 from either side of Broadway/West End to Charlotte Pike.  More than likely on one of the auto dealership properties.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2021 at 10:44 PM, titanhog said:

So…where do you guys predict will be the first skyscraper outside of the loop / midtown / west end? (300’+)

Bordeaux / West Trinity Lane.   I'm totally not joking about this:  Bordeaux/West Trinity will be re-zoned because of social outcry about racially-motivated suppression of property values via oppressive zoning and in the wake of that change the high-elevation bluff that is opposite of Metro Center (across the river) will be developed with towers that have a downtown view.   No time frame on when this will happen, but that area has the most potential of any area around downtown.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:44 PM, titanhog said:

A darkhorse candidate here is the office district north of the airport (near Elm Hill Pike and Briley Parkway). The property values there are already fairly high and it's highly constrained so there's few places to go but up.

Plus it's already almost there. The Marriott is 225' and the Highland Ridge Tower (old Bridgestone building) is over 200'.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PruneTracy said:

A darkhorse candidate here is the office district north of the airport (near Elm Hill Pike and Briley Parkway). The property values there are already fairly high and it's highly constrained so there's few places to go but up.

Plus it's already almost there. The Marriott is 225' and the Highland Ridge Tower (old Bridgestone building) is over 200'.

Isn't airspace a concern that close to the airport?

2 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

The question posed was for locations of new 300+ foot towers OUTSIDE of the loop/midtown/west end.

My bad.  I think it's just a matter of time before developers decide to create town center areas with multiple buildings in the 300 foot+ range in Murfreesboro, Goodletsville, Hickory Hollow, Murfreesboro Rd near 1-24/1-440.  The Trinity Lane/Brick Church Pike area is also a really good location for a town center location.  

3 hours ago, Armacing said:

Isn't airspace a concern that close to the airport?

I think that may be a real concern, however, if you build it on the low ground, it might not even get to the height of the other buildings. I am unsure how the flight plans work into this It would take someone very familiar with the inner workings of the FFA to figure that one out.