Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

36 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

That's probably more like 1970 judging from the buildings that were completed and the ones that weren't. I believe Snodgrass was around 1970, that building behind the Capitol at around the same time. ServiceSource was built in 1967 as Third National. And the Parkway Towers sometime in the late 1960s. Soon after 1971, the UBS building was begun as the First American bank building.

Oops---my bad---my finger slipped and I mistyped.  Meant to be 1973.  Corrected now. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this morning from Facebook Sky5. 

9BE18F95-7C48-4379-8663-B3416845C048.jpeg

Amazing how much they’ve packed into that one little cluster of blocks in Sobro.  Will be nice when towers start popping up on the other side of KVB.

Also…I really wish AT&T would move their communications HQ out of downtown…but if they just repair and keep that ugly red building, I wish they would brick that east side and place in fake windows to make it look similar to the Baker Donelson building.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Amazing how much they’ve packed into that one little cluster of blocks in Sobro.  Will be nice when towers start popping up on the other side of KVB.

Also…I really wish AT&T would move their communications HQ out of downtown…but if they just repair and keep that ugly red building, I wish they would brick that east side and place in fake windows to make it look similar to the Baker Donelson building.

Tromp L'oeil (spelling?)

26 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Sorry... don't mean to hog this thread. But that look at that photo and imagine all the height that will be south of KVB in about 5 years.  No less than 6 towers above 250'.  

Oops... 7 towers if Hensler gets his building up. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Tromp L'oeil (spelling?)

Kinda…but I’d go further than just like a fake painting…but more like actual bricks and actual windows (just that the windows would go against the siding instead of being actual windows you see through).  Heck…even just a tall brick wall (using brick that looks old) would be better than the red paint.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Kinda…but I’d go further than just like a fake painting…but more like actual bricks and actual windows (just that the windows would go against the siding instead of being actual windows you see through).  Heck…even just a tall brick wall (using brick that looks old) would be better than the red paint.

Your post about refacing it with brick or fake windows is good. but does anyone actually KNOW how much of that massive building is actually being used?  It was built a long time before modern digital equipment came about.  Wouldn't it be great if they could tear off 3 or 4 unoccupied floors and do so serious rebuilding  and armoring of the top floor remaining as a more secure envelope.  If it were several floors shorter, brick and a fake windows wolud make it fit into the Victorian appeal of Second Avenue ambiance.   They are going to have to do some serious hardening work on the building anyay...it is NOT going away.  Maybe some one could inquire with the architects reworking the building.  I would think that it would be interested in not having to harden the exterior of unused floors.  It would certainly be an enourmous act of AT&T  gpoodwill to the city if such was possible.  this would also be a great opportunity to replace any aging rooftop equipmen in a phased rework. JImagine what opening up the view to the towers beyond 3rd would do too. ust a thought.

Edited by Baronakim
additional comments
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Baronakim said:

Your post about refacing it with brick or fake windows is good. but does anyone actually KNOW how much of that massive building is actually being used?  It was built a long time before modern digital equipment came about.  Wouldn't it be great if they could tear off 3 or 4 unoccupied floors and do so serious rebuilding  and armoring of the top floor remaining as a more secure envelope.  If it were several floors shorter, brick and a fake windows wolud make it fit into the Victorian appeal of Second Avenue ambiance.   They are going to have to do some serious hardening work on the building anyay...it is NOT going away.  Maybe some one could inquire with the architects reworking the building.  I would think that it would be interested in not having to harden the exterior of unused floors.  It would certainly be an enourmous act of AT&T to the city if such was possible.  Just a thought.

And if I were them, I would definitely want it to look like anything but what it actually is.  Making it look like an apartment building would maybe be safer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mont said:

Any skyscrapers are going with the east bank project?

Welcome to the forum, Mont!  : )

The RMR Group project north of Nissan Stadium looks like it will have about  6 structures ranging from 15-30 stories.   The proposed Nissan Stadium Football Village on the east side of the stadium could potentially have 4 or more of the same. There are rumors of a couple of 20 story hotel/residential buildings by Ray Dayal along Woodland St. NE of the stadium.  So, yes---many potentials in the pipeline for the East Bank.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Eastbank study is just now staring and I think there will be a number of changes to come about based on the outcome from the results of the study. There was a community planning sesion held this past week by councilperson's Wither's & Parker with over a hundred folks in attendance at the meeting.

So there will be a lot of interest and discusion moving forward about what happens in the Eastbank redevelopment area. 

Hopefully at some point PSC metals will get on board as well as the MLB baseball group if they are serious about the Eastbank being the site for the stadium if and when Nashville gets a MLB team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

The Eastbank study is just now staring and I think there will be a number of changes to come about based on the outcome from the results of the study. There was a community planning sesion held this past week by councilperson's Wither's & Parker with over a hundred folks in attendance at the meeting.

So there will be a lot of interest and discusion moving forward about what happens in the Eastbank redevelopment area. 

Hopefully at some point PSC metals will get on board as well as the MLB baseball group if they are serious about the Eastbank being the site for the stadium if and when Nashville gets a MLB team.

That's the thing about Icahn.  If he plays this right, he could potentially get his pick of some free land up the river somewhere and also be part of the development group on the east bank.  He’d be a double winner.  Not that he isn’t so rich he really even would care.