Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

22 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

The Union Station is such a gorgeous old landmark, I just really wish they would replace Flat Mercury with a three dimensional representation of the Roman god.

Agreed - so much. Hard to believe it is a "flat" Mercury. I definitely wish it was 3D. But it is unknown to most people here

Electra in Birmingham is one of the best examples - and the residents know of its existence 

On 2/15/2021 at 12:54 AM, donNdonelson2 said:

The Union Station is such a gorgeous old landmark, I just really wish they would replace Flat Mercury with a three dimensional representation of the Roman god. (Photo from Pintrest-Mercury laying down on the job after storm damage, approximately 25 years ago.)

9A2AC8DA-8953-4BD1-A829-01DFDCE236B9.jpeg

Replace the current statue with a replica of the original 3D statue but this time mount it on a movable pivot which would allow it to sway a little bit in high winds instead of just being blown over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Looking NE from 1212 Condo Tower (courtesy of T. Jeffrey Burton):

T Jeffrey Burton, Feb 15, 2021.png

You have no idea how long it took me to figure out the building in the middle is the Grand Hyatt!  From this angle and with the snowy weather, it looked like two buildings…and I was thinking, “When did we build two cool buildings with sloped roofs?” :tw_lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Back when the Titans first came, I proposed a promo for the sale of skyboxes. Athena  leaves the Parthenon, ducking through the big doors, grows to real godsize  and walks down West End like Liberty in Ghostbusters2.  Passing Union Station, Mercury jumps down, grows and proceeds toward the river.  Cut to all the gods watching a game from clouds above the stadium.  Announcer... ' Some skyboxes still available.

From some reason that reminds me of this Preds game intro they used to do.  However, I thought the saber-tooth tiger jumped on the Batman building at one point.

Nashville Predators - 2008 JumboTron Animation

Ok...back on topic...:tw_grimace::tw_lol:.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1