Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

14 hours ago, Nashvillain said:

I know you said "ONE of the main purposes" but, like the pedantic know-it-all that I am, I can't help but point out some other purposes, such as: accessibility--for transit, pedestrians, and drivers; proximity to other stuff people might want to do before and after a game; and inclusivity. The last might be symbolic and maybe not everyone feels this way, but the city is a welcoming place whereas the suburbs aren't. 

Great points and I’ll also add the Cincinnati Reds are a great example of a downtown stadium with their downtown views behind home plate. Stadium location still works great. 

• Like 2

Actually Nashville is ahead of what Atlanta was in 1980 on sheer numbers of high rises.  Atlanta had the height advantage of Peachtree Plaza  but overall Atlanta only had two buildings over 500’ tall and only nine over 400’.   Counting under construction Nashville has double that many over 400’ and three over 500’.   But yeah the overall look is similar to Atlanta.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Plasticman said:

Actually Nashville is ahead of what Atlanta was in 1980 on sheer numbers of high rises.  Atlanta had the height advantage of Peachtree Plaza  but overall Atlanta only had two buildings over 500’ tall and only nine over 400’.   Counting under construction Nashville has double that many over 400’ and three over 500’.   But yeah the overall look is similar to Atlanta.

Even referencing the "generous" listings on the Wiki page, not seeing the twice as many (including under construction) over 400'.  Not a challenge; just looking for the source of reference.  Trying to find a more accurate reference than a page that lists the same building in two different spots of the same list.

Edited by nashville born

19 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Even referencing the "generous" listings on the Wiki page, not seeing the twice as many (including under construction) over 400'.  Not a challenge; just looking for the source of reference.  Trying to find a more accurate reference than a page that lists the same building in two different spots of the same list.

Well if you look at the Wiki page before "1980" there were only about 12 buildings or so that were over 400 feet in Atlanta, with one seemingly under construction. Just making sure we are looking at the same page. List of tallest buildings in Atlanta - Wikipedia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Well if you look at the Wiki page before "1980" there were only about 12 buildings or so that were over 400 feet in Atlanta, with one seemingly under construction. Just making sure we are looking at the same page. List of tallest buildings in Atlanta - Wikipedia

Thanks.  Realizing I wasn't clear.  I was referring to the Nashville Wiki page.  

Staying tuned for more breaking news!

There was a “Minnie Pearl’s Country Dairy” in Waverly, TN for some portion of the 1970s. It must have been a test run for a competitor to Dairy Queen. I’m unaware of any other locations for this particular concept. Numerous folks tried to get into the fast food franchise boom during that time, and Nashville gave birth to several restaurant chains over the years.

• Like 2