Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

So how many is that now in the DT vicinity?

Suntrust......... 1

Encore..... ......1

5th and Main....1

Hampton.........1

Icon................2

Vandy Dorms...3

Vandy Hospital.1

The West End...1

I know I've missed one or two. What else???

Don't forget the Adelicia and 1811 18th. I think there are a couple more than you have down that are up for Vandy. Also one at the East Nashville Community Center.

Some drive-by shootings....of the digital kind.

First, The 11 Story West End Condos

cranes002.jpg

Looking up West End toward the aptly named West End Condos

cranes026.jpg

It will look like this...

thewetower2.jpg

Vanderbilt is supposedly spending 1.5 Billion on construction. It buys a lot of cranes.

cranes005.jpg

The Bristol West End near Vandy had a tower crane, but is approaching completion.

cranes006.jpg

Downtown, we have the 13 story, 200' Sun Trust Building

cranes008.jpg

he Final product...

SunTrustNew.jpg

In Sobro, The Hampton Inn will look good. No renderings are available.

cranes012.jpg

Also, in SoBro, the Encore going up at the butt-end of the Symphony.

cranes013.jpg

Should look like this..

encore.jpg

In the Gulch, we present, The Icon

cranes021.jpg

Will fit in well.

iconpicturelrg.jpg

Now, one of my favorites, The 18 story Adelicea.

cranes025.jpg

The Adelicea will address the street and complement the neighborhood so well, I think.

cranes023.jpg

The rendering doesn't do it justice.

Adelicia.jpg

Finally, no 5th and Main picture, but it will look good. Might be the best looking of all the current projects.

exterior_side.jpg

So there's your crane pictures!!

Now that's what I'm talking about!! Thank-ye, Thank-ye, Thank-ye as Gomer Pyle would say. Great photos, especially for those of us who don't see Nashville often. It's also amazing to me how much the gulch is starting to look like a part of DT.

I'm imagining the photo of the Encore with Signature, Westin and BBS towers built in there. That will be truly dense from that angle.

Yay pictures, whoo-hoo!!! AWEsome!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, PhofKs. You da man plus a bowl of chili with fritos. I've been dying for some on the street investigative reportage and voila, you deliver with flying colors. This thread, the whole Nashville forum has been deader than doorman's poetry career. Only Hankster provided any summary from the recent forum meet, which sounded like it had many in attendence; no pictures, no excitement, nada, zilch, cero, blagh.

I think i'm going to avoid downtown Nashville for the next two or three years until most of these projects are completed and will be suitably blown away upon returning. Heartfelt thanks, PHofKS.

P.S. Vandy is BAWLIN.'

Edited by Nashvillain

Wonderful post, PH of Kingston Springs. By the way, when will they be beginning construction of your 10 story (I beleive) highrise in your fair town?

Actually, the condos will be in Ashland City, 15 miles to the north of Kingston Springs, but still in Cheatham County. They are called the Braxton.

Just off the top of my head, I recall the latest report said over 70% of the units had been sold. So it looks good to go.

BTW, the construction cam seems to show a tower crane (it's too dark to tell). I'll have to check it out.

Edited by PHofKS

Does anybody know the status of the Cumberland Shores Marina Condos off Lebanon Road? I would think that that project would need at least a smaller crane. Buildings are 4-6 stories, but lots of docks to be built.

I dont think anything has been done with this yet as far as construction. I may be wrong. This is one of the projects I have my doubts about. I hope that is wrong but the condos in Ashland City may have taken some wind out of these.

^^^ Across what street? Gateway or 4th? The property across 4th was recently bought by Tower Investments and is part of the site of the proposed convention center. It runs roughly along the proposed extension of Gateway to 8th.

I think a church is across Gateway from the Hampton. I think that's staying.

Another thing. Looking at the photo above of the Hampton, I'm so glad to see that it comes all the way to the sidewalk and parking is underground. I'm not overly excited about the Hampton going there, but I appreciate the it will bring moderate priced lodging downtown. I think it's a waste for where it's located. Something bigger and office oriented could have gone there. Plus, I don't think anybody has seen a recent rendering of the Hampton... but they are so often very bland. Looks like it's coming along fine.

Another thing. Looking at the photo above of the Hampton, I'm so glad to see that it comes all the way to the sidewalk and parking is underground. I'm not overly excited about the Hampton going there, but I appreciate the it will bring moderate priced lodging downtown. I think it's a waste for where it's located. Something bigger and office oriented could have gone there. Plus, I don't think anybody has seen a recent rendering of the Hampton... but they are so often very bland. Looks like it's coming along fine.

I agree Hampton Inn on this level could have done better in the gulch but with a better design.

Here is another crane that is up in Metro Center at the site for a new state office building.

IMG_1078.jpg

In answer to Chris's question:

There will be 2 nine story buildings at the site of the Braxton. the same developers are going to build two four story office buildings about a quarter mile away in the downtown area as well. Just to the left of the crane in the Braxton picture is where the marina and boat docks will be.

Edited by smeagolsfree

Hampton Inn did it right in Memphis, in my opinion. The Hampton Inn on Beale Street works well with it's surroundings. I especially like the balconies (makes you want to throw beads down to the Friday night revelers).

Memphis016.jpg

It doesn't look like the SoBro Hampton will have balconies, however. I would hope they would have a coffee shop, or corner pub at least, and make it open and accessible to the street.