Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Just now, UTgrad09 said:

The love for sweet savory swine is the most bipartisan thing we have going in Congress.

I agree.  And whichever party is in charge always throws in tons of pork.  We should all be disgusted by what all has been thrown into ALL of the spending bills that have come forward in the past year.

No way this bill makes it through without the Democrats giving up some of their pork…which probably means they’ll have to allow the Republicans to have some of their own pork….which doesn’t solve anything.

Too bad we can’t just pass a bill to fix roads and bridges RIGHT NOW (nothing else) and work on all of the other “pork” stuff later…but that’s not how Washington works.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

Maybe the Democrats try cutting out the billions in pork and we could get this thing done.

What sort of pork is in this bill?  Honest question... I haven't looked at the details of it myself.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening from News Channel 5 & Sky5. 

AEEDE781-D1DC-4064-8B48-8A34C32A6B6D.jpeg

It's pretty funny now to think that pretty much everybody (including me) was so stressed that the 4 Seasons wasn't going to look as tall as we had all imagined just a couple of months ago. Safe to say that it is in fact huge now and still has some mass to be added to the top. It redefines the skyline in a really nice way too with the lean, more graceful proportions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skyscrapergeek said:

I think two or three other buildings with some type of spire/s would be nice. That would create both continuity and identity across the skyline as a whole. 

I agree.  Although to me the best locations for such buildings are rapidly disappearing.  I'd like to see at least 2 iconic towers in downtown/SoBro.  I'd also like to see at least one iconic tower in mid-town.  A 40-45 story building in mid-town with a nice crown would really help set the area off.  The Beaman site would be ideal for it because of its proximity to the interstate.  I think it would be ideal for such a tower in mid-town to be no more than 3 blocks from the interstate for visual impact.

• Like 2