Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

6 hours ago, Armacing said:

Also, since you bring up Barcelona, what's your stance on Catalonian independence? For or against?

As a fellow libertarian and a student of Austrian economics, I wish you and I could sit and talk for a few hours.  I vote "For."

9 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

As a fellow libertarian and a student of Austrian economics, I wish you and I could sit and talk for a few hours.  I vote "For."

I am also in favor of it.  I just found it odd that the poster would bring up Barcelona out of nowhere... like is that just a place they went on vacation or do they really keep up with what's going on there?

There's a libertarian thread in the coffee house, I just bumped it to the top by responding to some old posts.  I'm always up for a discussion on any topic there!

• Like 2

I haven't seen anything on the projects at the Broadway/ West End split lately and I have not been able to find the threads for them as "search" seems to have been bolloxed with the software update.  Is the 1601 Broadway project stalled and is there anything new on the triangle area?  This came to mind when I saw an old 1940s photo.  The Orbison Building  looked a lot different with all the advertising painted on it.

189281111_4712294095464154_2372816295197656793_n.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Man, I would love to see two or three new towers in this part of the CBD.  A 500 footer equidistant between L&C and UBS and a 400 footer somewhere to the north of UBS.   IMO, that would transform this section instantly.

Or just a mix or murals, windows, brick, ivy... just not a bunch of stucco. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nashville born said:

Man, I would love to see two or three new towers in this part of the CBD.  A 500 footer equidistant between L&C and UBS and a 400 footer somewhere to the north of UBS.   IMO, that would transform this section instantly.

I actually wish they’d knock down the AT&T structure and build something similar to the 150 year old buildings along 2nd and 1st Ave…and it would also match all of those 3-4 story Victorian structures in this photo.  Would be awesome to keep everything in that part of downtown at 3-4 stories…all of those beautiful multi-colored brick Victorian style buildings…with all of the skyscrapers behind.  Totally unique.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2021 at 8:36 AM, smeagolsfree said:

Been trying to reach out!

Strange thing about the ownership on the project at 1601. The ownership is supposedly Scenic investments, but the address goes back to a student housing entity out of Austin TX. I am unsure what  all of this means. The building came down in January. I am unsure what all of this means.

As to the West End Broadway split, I would not expect anything to happen for a long time. They are trying to get a tenant for the property under the Broadway sign if that says anything. These folks have never developed a dog house much less a high-rise mixed-use development. It will be a huge learning curve for them and they will have to get a development partner.

Smeags, 

I'm right there with ya, pal. I did a deep dive on Scenic, and all I found were rabbit trails that exponentially raise the number of questions I have. Any info on any partner that is published is ambiguous and means nothing. Nor could I find any evidence that they have developed anything. It's clear to me that they don't want anyone to know anything about their business. IMHO, the likelihood that they are nothing but a banker is very high or nefarious.

FX

• Like 3

12 hours ago, titanhog said:

;)

fake skyline.jpg

Ok, I did a double take on this picture, what’s up on the far right side? Is that a photoshopped Four Seasons or a  sneak peek of 2nd & Peabody..... I’m sitting here scratching my head , thinking wow that looks different ( really cool, but different) so what’s going on here?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Ok, I did a double take on this picture, what’s up on the far right side? Is that a photoshopped Four Seasons or a  sneak peek of 2nd & Peabody..... I’m sitting here scratching my head , thinking wow that looks different ( really cool, but different) so what’s going on here?

Hah!  I was just messing around seeing what the skyline would look like if we had something a little different than the normal box / rectangle.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Hah!  I was just messing around seeing what the skyline would look like if we had something a little different than the normal box / rectangle.

Well, you got me....haha. Anyway, that does look awesome! Maybe one day we will be lucky enough to have something like that in our skyline. Let’s keep dreaming. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1