Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

America and the rest of the world needs to start doing this

I spent a couple of weeks in Dubai and Oman and I remember talking to a taxi driver from Pakistan who said he'd been coming there to work for 15 years and he'd never once seen it rain!  It was brutally hot there even in October!  That was an interesting article though and it makes me wonder if that's a possibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Cloud seeding goes way back into the 70s. Seems like there was a lot of controversy about it then. I dont remember what the big deal was though. I will have to do some research. Maybe they are afraid of dry lightning which is a worse hazard out west if they get no rain. It looks as if this method does not use silver oxide which is good as a lot of folks are against putting that chemical into the air and that may be what I was thinking about.

CLOUD SEEDING: “Cover the kids’ eyes, Ethel!"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

I've never noticed before that the Renaissance Hotel seems to be centered on the state capitol.

The right side of this pic is about to fill in and balance the left side.  By 2024... can't wait!

Who owns the state employee surface lots on the west side of Rosa Parks? Know if there are any formal plans for those - in the short term or long?