Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Has anyone found any cool videos from the Grand Prix with skyline shots? I have watched some stuff on YouTube but it didn't spotlight the city much, if at all. I don't have cable, so I don't even know if it was shown on TV

Edited by bigeasy

21 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening. 

DB05F144-8704-4C90-8CD7-0FD768021EAB.jpeg

Welcome to Nashville, Tennessee, one of the hottest cities in the U.S. and home to the expansive PSC Metals recycling operation!

I watched all of the race on NBCSN and they made Nashville look pretty cool.  They talked a lot about how 'happening' we are.  Unfortunately, I didn't see any shots of the flock of cranes we have.  Still, the fan turnout was tremendous.  

That Four Seasons tower is the bomb!  If we could get the second Four Seasons tower built, it would join the Batman Building as the tall building you think of when you see the Nashville skyline.  They often showed the view with Four Seasons and the KVB Bridge on the left and Batman on the right with Broadway in between.

• Like 3

That was a fun watch, but they're going to have to figure out ways to make that track more streamlined.  There seemed to be so many tight angled abrupt turns that caused fender benders and caution flags that it barely felt like a race at all in my opinion.  I'm sure some of that had to do with the fact that none of the drivers had ever raced that course before, but still.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigeasy said:

Has anyone found any cool videos from the Grand Prix with skyline shots? I have watched some stuff on YouTube but it didn't spotlight the city much, if at all. I don't have cable, so I don't even know if it was shown on TV

For anyone who recorded the Grand Prix broadcast on NBCSN (or watches it if it rebroadcasts), there are excellent city shots around the 33 and 38 minute marks. The sky camera zooms back from the SoBro view and pans to the north, encapsulating most of the original CBD, while also capturing the view (albeit hazy) to the west, down Broadway - showing a developed canyon into the distance. Not enough of that shown, but cool when they did. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

That was a fun watch, but they're going to have to figure out ways to make that track more streamlined.  There seemed to be so many tight angled abrupt turns that caused fender benders and caution flags that it barely felt like a race at all in my opinion.  I'm sure some of that had to do with the fact that none of the drivers had ever raced that course before, but still.

The number of restarts caused the show to go longer than expected and the took away from the excitement of watching these drivers show their skills.  It became boring.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

For anyone who recorded the Grand Prix broadcast on NBCSN (or watches it if it rebroadcasts), there are excellent city shots around the 33 and 38 minute marks. The sky camera zooms back from the SoBro view and pans to the north, encapsulating most of the original CBD, while also capturing the view (albeit hazy) to the west, down Broadway - showing a developed canyon into the distance. Not enough of that shown, but cool when they did. 

Would appreciate if anyone could screenshot and post such angles!

1 hour ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this morning from Facebook Sky5. 
Sunrise.  Can you spot the airplane? :shok:

CD1EB7B0-79EE-47BC-B5BA-F6DE228CF171.jpegTouching the sun at 9:00 

Just now, Luvemtall said:
1 hour ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this morning from Facebook Sky5. 
Sunrise.  Can you spot the airplane? :shok:

CD1EB7B0-79EE-47BC-B5BA-F6DE228CF171.jpegTouching the sun at 9:00 

Expand  

Touching the sun at 9:00

• Like 4