Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

10 minutes ago, MagicPotato said:

Imagine if this was still around today? The Tennessee exposition was extremely unique for the time period, even today. 

Exactly.  And, if you've ever been to Balboa Park in San Diego you would get the idea of what it could have been today if some of buildings had been built to be permanent structures.  That park is frequented by locals and tourists for its gardens, changing art exhibitions, festivals, small theatrical and musical events and just to simply stroll around or sit and relax.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CenterHill said:

Is it odd to replace the entire field mid-season?   Did something happen?  

I thought it was weird as well. It was pulled off for the Rolling Stones concert but not sure if it was done specifically because of that. They might have also wanted a nice field for national TV on Monday night but TSU playing on it on Saturday kind of hurts that. And it's way too early for their normal resodding.

4 hours ago, PillowTalk4 said:

I still wish they'd switch to field turf at Nissan.  Hope the new sod sets in well by 2:00 Saturday when TSU and TTU play at Nissan.  And, by Monday night when the Titans host the Bills.

I like the grass, football is meant to be played on a natural surface. The NFL needs more messy games (and soccer could stand to get a little dirty every once in a while too).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Nice to see Broadstone SOBRO having an impact on the skyline looking north. Imagine this view with Albion, Circle South, Ritz Carlton, 2nd & Peabody, Cumulus, TS. 

image.png.e16041b09c00b7c102680640e9cd92bd.png

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what Nashville's skyline will look like if all that is proposed is actually built.  Especially when you consider that your photo doesn't include Nashville Yards, The Gulch and the eastern edge of midtown.

While I'm thankful that developers are now consistently proposing 30-45 story high rises.  I'm hoping more Tony G's will come out the shed and propose more in the range of 50-65+ stories.  A handful of high rises in the 50-60 story range will dramatically change the skyline.

• Like 4

They definitely would. The fact that the YMCA tower was proposed next to Nashville Yards, rather than in SoBro or the CBD is really exciting because that will definitely pull the skyline more toward midtown. 

4 hours ago, nashvylle said:

image.png.e16041b09c00b7c102680640e9cd92bd.png

Also means that shots like this will almost have to move over to show more of the midtown area, otherwise you'll cut off half of the city!

• Like 3