Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

On 1/19/2022 at 8:28 AM, Luvemtall said:

Great shot! It does show, how even in the Central Core density isn’t to its full potential. Lots of empty space, sad to see how many surface parking lots still remain. The lot in front of Cummins Station, is prime for a large tower (s) . 

Maybe even two towers...fi they're true towers and not just another squatty box.  This photo also reflects that aspect of our projects as well just as this one from MyNashvillePhotos shows

Downtown aerial in snow, MyNashvillePhotos, Jan, 2022, 2 x.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

The would-be view from the would-be Hensler tower!  I'm seriously doubting that it will happen at least in its latest announced iteration. Hoping I'm wrong, but it's been too long since their selection by MDHA to develop that site. Coming up on 6 years. The garage has been completed now for 6 months.  Grading permit was applied for over 4 months ago; and shell permit nearly a year ago.  I wonder if the two large mixed-use projects at 2nd and 3rd and Peabody/Lea scared the investors for this one. At least they never dug the hole. 

Gee, maybe there's a backlog at the permits department.

Edited by Licec
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

The would-be view from the would-be Hensler tower!  I'm seriously doubting that it will happen at least in its latest announced iteration. Hoping I'm wrong, but it's been too long since their selection by MDHA to develop that site. Coming up on 6 years. The garage has been completed now for 6 months.  Grading permit was applied for over 4 months ago; and shell permit nearly a year ago.  I wonder if the two large mixed-use projects at 2nd and 3rd and Peabody/Lea scared the investors for this one. At least they never dug the hole. 

I hope the geographically protected sightlines at that location will help this one stay alive.  Seems like a good investment to me even with Cumulus and 2&P.  Of course, it's not my money. 

• Like 1