Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, Alley said:

4/14/22

20220414_133751.jpg

20220414_134544.jpg

20220414_141036.jpg

20220414_155823.jpg

Really great pictures! Depicts the fast-growing density in the city of Nashville.

Nashville really will have a super dense, very impressive, seamless skyline--stretching from the Cumberland River downtown, across the Gulch and into midtown, music row and Vanderbilt, in the next several years.

• Like 4

On 4/11/2022 at 11:14 PM, BnaBreaker said:

Ooof, I still mourn the loss of that beauty... that design is just in a different stratosphere from any other highrise we have... would've put us in a different league altogether... that's not to say I'm not happy that the current iteration of 505 was at least built... but man oh man, compared to literally every other design proposal that was thrown out there for the project, OF COURSE we'd get the one that is by far the shortest, most budget friendly, milquetoast design of them all.

True on the design, but not at the location IMO. It’d be blocked by too many buildings. Circle south would be a great location. 

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think that is the RR bridge that runs between James Robertson & Jefferson just about where the new EVE condo building is.  This is the same track that runs through Bicentennial Park.

Not sure of the vantage point of this shot... but could it also be one section of  the old Jefferson Street Bridge?  It had a similar design to the old Shelby Street Bridge that is now a pedestrian bridge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Not sure of the vantage point of this shot... but could it also be one section of  the old Jefferson Street Bridge?  It had a similar design to the old Shelby Street Bridge that is now a pedestrian bridge.

There ias absolutely no doubt in my mind that is the old Jefferson Street bridge. First we are locking down First baseline which ran north.  Secondly, the old bridge was very much higher above the river than any of the other Nashville bridges. The railroad bridge ia much to low to have been seen over the outfield fencinge.  Looking toward the railroad bridge from the ball field would have you looking through the grandstands anyway. Here is another shot showing a second of the three spans.  The railroad bridge is a swing bridge and has nothing like that steel configuration.

635646392209143414-Screen-Shot-2015-04-14-at-7_14.26-PM.png.bce2a66809886ff42eca19e22b9a13b3.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Baronakim said:

There ias absolutely no doubt in my mind that is the old Jefferson Street bridge. First we are locking down First baseline which ran north.  Secondly, the old bridge was very much higher above the river than any of the other Nashville bridges. The railroad bridge ia much to low to have been seen over the outfield fencinge.  Looking toward the railroad bridge from the ball field would have you looking through the grandstands anyway. Here is another shot showing a second of the three spans.  The railroad bridge is a swing bridge and has nothing like that steel configuration.

635646392209143414-Screen-Shot-2015-04-14-at-7_14.26-PM.png.bce2a66809886ff42eca19e22b9a13b3.png

I am really confused now.  Wouldn't Jefferson Street have been to the north (to the left) of this view.   I thought homeplate for Sulphur Dell was at the NW corner of the block on which is sat (4th Ave. 5th Ave and Jackson).  As such, that Atlantic Ice building (far right in picture) would be to the south (downtown side) of the park. If I'm correct, then that view would be looking toward the southeast and the Cumberland River.  I thought the park was to the south of Jefferson Street.  Clearly the bridge in the picture above is spanning from right (near side of the river) to left (far side) which would align with a southerly view.  I admit I don't know exactly where it was, but I understood it was around the site of the present park. 

Edited by MLBrumby