Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

9 hours ago, markhollin said:

Courtesy of Skyline King:

Nashville, April, 2022, Skyline King, 6 x.png

This angle really shows how Nashville has expanded towards the Gulch, into Sobro and towards midtown. Incredible amount of construction has happened over the past decade, and is continuing into possibly its biggest "boom" era yet, in the next several years.

I'm looking at this shot and can see so many places for skyscrapers and infill  to go--haha, the city planning part of me :)

• Like 4

From those pics, I counted 19 tower cranes inside the inner loop.  Then there are the three about to rise on projects already started (AEG, dual hotel, Endeavor). There are the six in Midtown right now.  How many more in projects yet to start (Hensler's Peabody Union, Hotel next to One 22 One, Ritz, Circle South, etc.?)?  What's the over/under on the max of cranes standing in Nashville this year?  30? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

If this idea comes to fruition, please let the new towers be designed to incorporate the style of the NES building. It would be a sweet contrast to the more modern style of everything else in the area!

Been on a bit of a streamline moderne / art deco kick recently - would love some throwback architecture in that space, something like The Fitzroy in Manhattan?

10 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Right, if they save the main building ( which I think looks cool) then scrap the rest , they can fit a few towers on that property.

The NES building is gorgeous, and beautifully situated, especially when it is catching the light of sunset, it would be a terrible loss if they tore it down.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2022 at 6:45 AM, markhollin said:

TBT: Vanderbilt Univ. Hospital, 1965.

I worked in the housekeeping department there, summer job '67, started at $1.25 and got a raise to $1.40 when the minimum wage got bumped up. I hated the job.  I was friends with the son (who I was also in a band with) of Dr. Richard O. Cannon who was the hospital Director  (CEO equivalent and of course M.D.) .

Now consider, the circular new wing near the top of photo, all modern and everything, was called the "round". When it was built it was a big thing, like VU hospital got bumped up a notch, a source of pride, like Nashville got bumped up when the first Baskin Robbins opened on Harding Rd. near the 70/100 split

Edited by dragonfly
  • Like 2