Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

6 hours ago, dragonfly said:

Now consider, the circular new wing near the top of photo, all modern and everything, was called the "round". When it was built it was a big thing, like VU hospital got bumped up a notch, a source of pride, like Nashville got bumped up when the first Baskin Robbins opened on Harding Rd. near the 70/100 split

Thanks for the perspective! The Round Wing definitely has a Star Trek-like vibe with the raised central "command center" and the rooms all around (I was occasionally on service there during internal medicine residency a few years back). The design makes sense from the perspective of being equally close to all the patients, but the pie-shaped patient rooms made for odd arrangements of equipment and furniture ... always felt a little off-kilter to me. They did a nice job renovating the ground floor to match the "modern" style of the critical care tower and med center east stepdown units, but I appreciate the sense of .. nostalgic aspiration? .. that the older Round Wing floors and the adjoining med center north lab spaces conjure up. Most other physicians I know just grumble about having to walk all the way there from the main hospital wings though, haha.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2022 at 5:10 PM, Nashvillain said:

I know the photo doesn't show much new or exciting, but I had a gig yesterday photographing and filming a section of Luke's 32 Bridge so I thought I'd share an image I took of the Broadway entrance. BTW, it's like 5 or 6 floors of eating, drinking, wall-to-wall TV watching, live music hosting, rooftop shouting and NFL Draft Day/Preds deep playoff run viewing debauchery... you know, a standard Broadway venue. They comped me breakfast at the Sun Diner. It's pretty decent. Kind of a Memphis Sun Records-themed Waffle House. 

255849698_Lukes32Bridge.jpg

Great photo. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2022 at 11:38 PM, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening from Facebook BNA. 

EAA3C315-E87F-474B-9DEC-B50EC1B2A6D9.jpeg

The YMCA  tower, Pinnacle, A3, circle projects, Centrum, and  Congress Group projects will change this view from a skyline (to the right) with a tail (to the left) and really even out this angle...producing one impressive image.