Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

8 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Not sure what the zoning is for that area, yet those parking lots seem to be screaming for future development.

The state owns them for state employee parking on weekdays.  Perhaps someday a developer will partner with the state to build large pedestal garages that have towers on top of them.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nashvillain said:

Not if you ask the lady on 8th and Demonbreun whose son "lives here." Sorry, inside joke from another thread.

Those lots are owned by the state and are part of the Capitol Hill Redevelopment Project, which, as far as I can tell was established in the 1950s. So...

I literally just saw your comment on the other thread.  Darn video wouldn't play all the way for me.  Even so, I'm with you and Smeags...ridiculous.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Courtesy of Skyline King:

1710348066_NashvilleApril2022SkylineKing8x.png

2 hours ago, nashville born said:

Not sure what the zoning is for that area, yet those parking lots seem to be screaming for future development.

These are the parcels I mentioned a couple meetups ago to the gentleman who was looking to develop something like the design district in Miami. An extremely quick look at zoning shows this in the DTC but also the MDHA Capital Hill Redevelopment Area. MDHA refers back to the DTC for building height and that restricts buildings to a roof elevation of 560' above sea level. I would presume this is because of the state house and wanting it to be visible from three sides.

Below is a snip from the parcel viewer. The middle parcels (circled in red) are owned by the First Baptist Church, Capital Hill and a group called Edge Real Estate. It has a fair amount of topography on the site, but the blue "X" sits at about 460' elevation, this would mean buildings would be capped at 100' tall.  The green "X" sits at about 416' elevation, which would allow for a building to be 144' tall. There is no allowance for Bonus Height either. Now a developer could potentially go for an overall height modification, but you think the 2nd and Peabody and 500 2nd Ave developments have to fight? With the State as the current owner I bet there would be some serious wrangling to get anything of substantial height. I do believe though this could be a great urban development that could tie into Capital View and beyond. Maybe a caveat for a height modification is a sightline from Charlotte Ave to the bell tower of the State House is somehow preserved? 

image.png.d410b6e58c1ddd0ff2c84ca74f73ddcd.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lots of detailed questions about cranes here (so you may want to move on). Haven't been to Nashville in many months. 

Would someone please help me identify the cranes in this screenshot from the Channel 17 Downtown cams? https://fox17.com/news/local/fox-17-news-nashview-city-cam-network   I've found it's easier to identify some of them if I run the timelapse, but some of these I just have no clue. 

Just a few guesses... Midsize crane with no boom (luffing?) at left (WeHo?) for the 9-story residential at Nashville Warehouse.... shorter crane with boom to left of that is for the Residences at The Finery?

The Albion (red, I think that one is clear to me) and Amazon 2 (still there)... I assume the red boom visible between the Westin and the JWM is one of those for the AEG complex.

Crane in front of the Drury and behind the building with red windows (Broadstone Sobro?) for the Printing House?

Crane at the right between the Four Seasons and the radio Antenna at the Centrum site is for the Neuhoff project? 

Here's where I'm very unsure: What are the two red cranes partially in this pic at far left?  Is the crane "above" the JWM the one for 900 Church and the shorter blue one to the immediate right of JWM the one for the 800 Church tower?  I assume the lower crane to the right of that one (white boom that appears to be hovering above the One hotel) is for the Tempo hotel on Commerce?  What is the smaller red crane pointing above the trees in the middle (around 5th Avenue). 

image.thumb.png.2cf2f5109e5353103e6a78e70f23023c.png

9 hours ago, markhollin said:

Courtesy of mackaroni03:

River kayak, June, 2022, mackaroni03.png

The Hensler tower will "pull" the skyline further to the left of this shot.  Despite the woeful lack of improved parkland on the river banks, the greenery here with the skyline behind it looks nice. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Lots of detailed questions about cranes here (so you may want to move on). Haven't been to Nashville in many months. 

Would someone please help me identify the cranes in this screenshot from the Channel 17 Downtown cams? https://fox17.com/news/local/fox-17-news-nashview-city-cam-network   I've found it's easier to identify some of them if I run the timelapse, but some of these I just have no clue. 

Just a few guesses... Midsize crane with no boom (luffing?) at left (WeHo?) for the 9-story residential at Nashville Warehouse.... shorter crane with boom to left of that is for the Residences at The Finery?

The Albion (red, I think that one is clear to me) and Amazon 2 (still there)... I assume the red boom visible between the Westin and the JWM is one of those for the AEG complex.

Crane in front of the Drury and behind the building with red windows (Broadstone Sobro?) for the Printing House?

Crane at the right between the Four Seasons and the radio Antenna at the Centrum site is for the Neuhoff project? 

Here's where I'm very unsure: What are the two red cranes partially in this pic at far left?  Is the crane "above" the JWM the one for 900 Church and the shorter blue one to the immediate right of JWM the one for the 800 Church tower?  I assume the lower crane to the right of that one (white boom that appears to be hovering above the One hotel) is for the Tempo hotel on Commerce?  What is the smaller red crane pointing above the trees in the middle (around 5th Avenue). 

image.thumb.png.2cf2f5109e5353103e6a78e70f23023c.png

I believe the red one above the JW is for Tony G’s Alcove. 

• Thanks 1