Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

On 9/20/2022 at 1:16 PM, Baronakim said:

No, I don't thinks so.  I recently took a look at Atlanta's  skyline.  I love the  striking tall towers with their fancy crowns, but I also note how scattered they are. and isolated from each other like monuments in a cemetery or like dice  on a table.  I think that Nashville in 10 years will be much more densely filled with a few tall towers sticking up out a 25 to 30 story base.  Atlanta on the other hand, still has a great deal of low rise structures very close in to her towers and a great deal of its tall growth is going to outlying areas  If they had all that growth concentrated in its core, Altlanta would be more Manhattenish IMO.  I think the growth projected  for Nashville  will give folks quite enough of a tall and dense feeling.  The height think relys on veiws from a distance after all. 

Yeah I'm a big fan of the clustered height & density, because it allows for less car dependency. Downtown's height spilling into Midtown (which is a lot more adjacent than Atlanta's midtown) gives a lot of room to grow vertically, while keeping that cluster.

But after the loop, Midtown, and East Bank are developed, were would Nashville (or Middle TN's) next vertical expansion go? Will Metro upzone another area (Crossings, Bellevue, Trevecca area?) like they did with Midtown? Does Cool Springs upzone/densify into our version of Buckhead?

9 minutes ago, andywildman said:

But after the loop, Midtown, and East Bank are developed, were would Nashville (or Middle TN's) next vertical expansion go? Will Metro upzone another area (Crossings, Bellevue, Trevecca area?) like they did with Midtown? Does Cool Springs upzone/densify into our version of Buckhead?

Green Hills is sprouting some height. I wouldn’t be surprised to see even more in that part of town.

• Like 2

I just don't see high rises sprouting up outside of the CBD, Midtown/West End, East Bank and airport areas.   That being said, Murfreesboro Road between downtown and I-24 could be a targeted area for high rises.  The Trinity Lane area on both sides of I-24/65 could be an area for high rises.  Jefferson Street between TSU and Fisk/Meharry could be an area for a few towers in the 15 to 25 story range.  Main Street and Gallatin Ave/Road/Pike, could be as well, but midrise seems to be the go to height.    Portions of the  area that is bound by the I-40 to the south of downtown, 8th Ave. South, Hamilton Ave., and 4th Ave South could be a good area for a few towers.  Metro Center would have been nice, but low rises seem to be the most developers are willing to build there.

Brentwood and Murfreesboro would good areas for towers.  Goodletsville and Madison would also be good areas.  But the outcry will be heard to the moon.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

I just don't see high rises sprouting up outside of the CBD, Midtown/West End, East Bank and airport areas.   That being said, Murfreesboro Road between downtown and I-24 could be a targeted area for high rises.  The Trinity Lane area on both sides of I-24/65 could be an area for high rises.  Jefferson Street between TSU and Fisk/Meharry could be an area for a few towers in the 15 to 25 story range.  Main Street and Gallatin Ave/Road/Pike, could be as well, but midrise seems to be the go to height.    Portions of the  area that is bound by the I-40 to the south of downtown, 8th Ave. South, Hamilton Ave., and 4th Ave South could be a good area for a few towers.  Metro Center would have been nice, but low rises seem to be the most developers are willing to build there.

Brentwood and Murfreesboro would good areas for towers.  Goodletsville and Madison would also be good areas.  But the outcry will be heard to the moon.

Green Hills already has one high rise (Verdis) and another on the way (Hillsboro Town Center). Can’t put that genie back in the bottle.

Hillsboro Town Center image shared for an earlier post on this site.

79E30DC4-0566-4528-846C-33F6F2FB9BAF.jpeg

• Like 4

On 9/23/2022 at 6:15 PM, Native said:

I am beginning to like the remake of the UBS Tower.   Assuming they also paint the old bank lobby structure that now houses Jeff Ruby's place.

image.thumb.jpeg.6d6e7f36b8d540979b378f4911849ed6.jpeg

I like it but admit that I'm biased toward grays over tans (among other colors I find awkward for buildings).

Edited by East Side Urbanite
  • Like 1