Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

On 12/29/2022 at 8:51 PM, donNdonelson2 said:

Photo from Metro Nashville Archives Facebook page. They do not post a date, but comments suggest it is earlier than 1969, as Sulpher Dell is in the photo and it was demolished in 1969.

Since I was here starting  '55 may I toss out what I know. The site across Church from the L&C was where the Maxwell House burned around New Years '62 and where I got yelled at by a cop for being behind the yellow tape the next day. Give a year or so for the cleanup, let's say the earliest for the photo is '63. The Third National Bank building which rose on the site was completed in '67. So can we surmise that the photo is from '63~'66?

On 12/29/2022 at 8:51 PM, donNdonelson2 said:

C7D0E3D0-E258-48BD-B0FB-111E6AD2183F.jpeg

• Like 3

On 1/5/2023 at 12:26 PM, markhollin said:

Nice video.  However, Nashville actually has 17 towers currently u.c. that fit in the 150'-327' category...not 5 as the video states.  The video is correct on the amount of 328'+ currently u.c. at 7. 

Right....I may have missed some but I counted at least 13 high rises that fit into that 150'-327' range. Not including those that are in the Hillsboro/ Green Hills area, that are under construction.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VSRJ said:

Truly an architectural feat how Haven manages to, despite its size, stick out like a sore thumb, even from afar.

That building looks like it's trying to look unappealing, on purpose. It looks like a child's project where they designed the building. LOL

Wow, it's even uglier than I realized! Dang. Maybe they'll paint it soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

We should be so lucky to be able to compare our skyline to Vancouver's!  (I know what you meant... I just don't think it's skyline is nearly as flat and boring as people think... also just an excuse to post a couple pics ;) )

Vancity Sunset

Point taken.  That last shot is all I'm hoping for.  Just two or three that stand out above the rest does wonders.  Thanks!

• Like 1