Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

See, if Brentwood and Murfreesboro would just go ahead a build upwards, the Nashville area would have a high rises in that 10-30 mile radius of the CBD... I mean is it really asking too much for those areas to build a 150 to 327 foot tall building?  Is it?  :) 

I live in the Washington, DC region, and trust me most of the buildings in that 165 count are not in DC but in Northern VA.  I suspect a great majority are in Tysons Corner, Arlington and Alexandria.  Maryland probably has a few in Bethesda, Silver Springs and Oxen Hill.  

Edited by PillowTalk4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

See, if Brentwood and Murfreesboro would just go ahead a build upwards, the Nashville area would have a high rises in that 10-30 mile radius of the CBD... I mean is it really asking too much for those areas to build a 150 to 327 foot tall building?  Is it?  :) 

I live in the Washington, DC region, and trust me most of the buildings in that 165 count are not in DC but in Northern VA.  I suspect a great majority are in Tysons Corner, Arlington and Alexandria.  Maryland probably has a few in Bethesda, Silver Springs and Oxen Hill.  

I hear you and wouldn't be mad if they did.  I personally don't get the premise of referring to buildings at that distance from the cbd as affecting a changing skyline.   I guess they mean it in a very large scale and liberally applied manner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nashville born said:

I hear you and wouldn't be mad if they did.  I personally don't get the premise of referring to buildings at that distance from the cbd as affecting a changing skyline.   I guess they mean it in a very large scale and liberally applied manner.

I think it's because urban sprawl has impacted some cities is the reason they have those distances. 

Outside of New York, Chicago, LA, Dallas , Houston and Miami I can't think of too many metro areas with an significant amount of high rises outside of a 10 mile radius of the CBD.   I guess Atlanta can be included in that number when you consider the northern perimeter in particular. 

I pointed out the DC area primarily because the area is so vast, that I don't think many people here consider DC an actual CBD.  In Nashville, Charlotte, Atlanta and so many other places, you are more likely to hear someone say "I'm going into downtown."  In the DC area you primarily hear people say, I'm going into DC or I'm going over to Alexandria,  or Arlington, or Tysons, etc.   A lot of people in the region rarely venture into DC.   And, they don't have to because of all the surrounding cities and town centers.  I understand using DC as the hub of the region, but it is not a CBD.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 11:24 AM, PillowTalk4 said:

City Center in downtown Murfreesboro is 180 ft., but I get what you’re saying. I’m surprised they haven’t built more mid rises there around the downtown area. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tim29tn said:

City Center in downtown Murfreesboro is 180 ft., but I get what you’re saying. I’m surprised they haven’t built more mid rises there around the downtown area. 

Hopefully they embrace the square like Franklin has.  It seems underwhelming consinderng their population boom.

• Like 4

I'm very happy that some developers chose not to follow the overall plan.  Hope more will follow suit with adding more height.  While I don't think everything needs to be 30+ stories (preferably taller), I don't want to see a boat load of new buildings that are 3-5 stories either.  Put those outside of the CBD.  Let the CBD fillers be 10+ stories.

• Like 3