Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

NewsChannel 5 has a video piece about the new retail set to open soon at the new Martin's Corner building in East Nashville. This is a really nice looking infill development, although I wouldn't be hella excited about a Salon and Yoga/Therapy studio if I lived in the neighborhood. It's better than a crime infested package store, unless you're a john or a crackhead.

NewsChannel 5.com

Any takers on an East Nashville photo thread?

Have any of these plans been released, or are they all still in development?

I spoke to William when we were doing a tour of the area and he said there were a couple of more buildings to be built. I cannot get the Martin corner web site up at this time.

Here you go. If you dont have flash player, you will have to download it.

http://www.martincorner.com/

Edited by smeagolsfree

I came across this building while looking at the plans for Villa Rich (yow!),

Lofts621web2.jpg

and while it's sort of a rough location, it's a really beautiful building, the old cliche about not building 'em like they used to really applies here. Anyway, does anybody know anything about the status of this project?

Lofts621web1.jpg

I assume that the Principle Building Group has been contracted to do the build out.

Edited by Nashvillain

Wow, this is almost two years old. I didnt know anything about this one. I found an article from the CP dated March/05 by William. I did a search and found nothing else. Its not even mentioned in any of the condo development realtor sites. I am not even sure where it is. Willams article said is was at 621 21st ave north. That would be just north of Charlotte Pike. May not have been a good area and its time may not have come. It looks to be a great building.

Here's and interesting little tib-bit from the NBJ.

The story was about Eakin's SunTrust building downtown, but toward the end of the article was this:

"Eakin Partners will soon bet more money on downtown Nashville's resurgence. The company's next project will be redeveloping 1201 Demonbreun St., a site now occupied by a tire store and bordered by Interstate 40 and 12th Street.

"It's going to be a mixed-use project and is three times the size of SunTrust Plaza, but we're still figuring out the configuration we'll use," says Eakin.

----

Three times larger is almost a million sq. feet at Demonbreun and 12th. Now that should be something to watch for. SunTrust is supposed to wrap up in December, so maybe they'll start actually talking about this new one before long. Sure will look better than the tire store. So, with the new hotel at 13th and McGavock, this Eakin project, the Gulch...wonder how much longer Deja Vu will survive in that location. Sounds like a new spot for them will be in their future. That lot they're sitting on is pretty pricey real estate.

Three times larger is almost a million sq. feet at Demonbreun and 12th. Now that should be something to watch for. SunTrust is supposed to wrap up in December, so maybe they'll start actually talking about this new one before long. Sure will look better than the tire store. So, with the new hotel at 13th and McGavock, this Eakin project, the Gulch...wonder how much longer Deja Vu will survive in that location. Sounds like a new spot for them will be in their future. That lot they're sitting on is pretty pricey real estate.

And still, it seems that Alex Palmer can't find a tenant for his building.

And still, it seems that Alex Palmer can't find a tenant for his building.

I've heard he's in talks with Wachovia. Their current TN operations building near the arcade is too small now, so they are lookin to expand, it would be a lofty location. Look at Charlotte, we know Wachovia loves lofty,spacious buildings.

I've heard he's in talks with Wachovia. Their current TN operations building near the arcade is too small now, so they are lookin to expand, it would be a lofty location. Look at Charlotte, we know Wachovia loves lofty,spacious buildings.

Here's hoping Palmer is successful with Wachovia. It would be a great location with tremendous exposure for them in Nashville. Besides, I've always thought WES is the best looking project proposed in Nashville.

shows what I know. I didn't even know Wachovia was in TN.

The only reason why they are here is because they bought SouthTrust. They are expanding in the Nashville market. Look around town and I'm sure you'll see several signs stating financing by Wachovia. They are mainly the Eastern Seaboard market, but expanding to the whole South now with the SouthTrust acquisition completed. There is still hope for this project, its still floping like a fish on a dry dock. :rofl:

Here's hoping Palmer is successful with Wachovia. It would be a great location with tremendous exposure for them in Nashville. Besides, I've always thought WES is the best looking project proposed in Nashville.

Exactly, with Southtrust and First Union bought, they got their signage on two prominent downtown Jacksonville buildings, Riverplace Tower and Wachovia Center, so they have excellent exposure from The I-95 Fuller Warren Bridge, Main St. and Acosta Bridges.

Here's and interesting little tib-bit from the NBJ.

The story was about Eakin's SunTrust building downtown, but toward the end of the article was this:

"Eakin Partners will soon bet more money on downtown Nashville's resurgence. The company's next project will be redeveloping 1201 Demonbreun St., a site now occupied by a tire store and bordered by Interstate 40 and 12th Street.

"It's going to be a mixed-use project and is three times the size of SunTrust Plaza, but we're still figuring out the configuration we'll use," says Eakin.

----

I'm wondering if '3 times' is refering just to the size of the Suntrust Plaza lot, and not the square footage of the building. One million sf of floor space would require 40 or more floors of building space typically. Even if it were two buildings, that's a large chunk of space to rent, although it has location, location, location. Right off the I-40 ramp and within walking distance to Music Circle, and the Gulch.