Mid-Town Center

btoy

I didn't know if you guys have seen the plan for Church St. Pages 2 and 3 has an overview of potential development projects.

http://www.greatergreenville.com/developme...r%202/2.4.1.pdf

Hey gDriver! Thanks! I had forgotten all about the Haynie-Sirrine Master Plan. It looks as though this Mid-Town Center will fit right in where "B" is on Page 3.

There's a THREAD started a year or so ago by btoy which lists links to all of the various master plans, etc., if you're interested.

Welcome to Urban Planet, btw. Feel free to drop over in the Coffee House and introduce yourself. :lol:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that I didn't notice until reviewing the master plan again is that the proposed Bilo plan pretty much wipes out the existing stream flowing through the site. I think that's unfortunate, since it could have been a nice feature of the site, and give a little relief to all the parking.

One thing that I didn't notice until reviewing the master plan again is that the proposed Bilo plan pretty much wipes out the existing stream flowing through the site. I think that's unfortunate, since it could have been a nice feature of the site, and give a little relief to all the parking.

You're absolutely right! Wow. That's a nice stream running through there to the end of Haynie-Sirrine Stadium. It could tie in so nicely with the greenway park system, if the City/County were so inclined to do so. I hadn't realized that the Bi-Lo/Mid-Town Center development extended all the way to Pearl Avenue until you mentioned it and I went back to look at the site plan again.

There's still time. Maybe they could still incorporate it into the site somehow as it would definitely be a nice feature to retain. :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I wouldn't count this one out at all. It was discovered before any information went public, but the City does have plans to redevelop this entire neighborhood as soon as possible. I am curious to know how much impact the County Square property will have on this site? One would have to assume a great deal. I hope to see (or at least the next generation) a completely new part of "downtown" here someday.

This project appears to be on the backburnner for the moment. The best way for it to make it back to the front-burnner would be 1) the County Square deal goes through. and 2) Publix goes gangbusters (the anchor tenant of this project is a Super BiLo). If both things were to happen, it would definitely help 'warm up' this project.

This project appears to be on the backburnner for the moment. The best way for it to make it back to the front-burnner would be 1) the County Square deal goes through. and 2) Publix goes gangbusters (the anchor tenant of this project is a Super BiLo). If both things were to happen, it would definitely help 'warm up' this project.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived