Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angel

Urban Farms & Gardens

6 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I have been away from Detroit for two years but I am pondering a return. :shades:

I am curious to know of your story on urban farms and gardens in the D? Do you participate in any neighborhood garden or farm? Whats happening, fill me in please! Share with me your story I am just curious. My sister lives within a few blocks away of a small farm. Its about one city block and has chickens, raised garden beds, and I even think one or two horses! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

There is one on the near Southwest side, but I forget the name of it. It is well-organized and is used by school field trips.

I've spent an awfully lot of time in the city. I have yet to see one of these urban farms, but apparently they do exist.

Thanks for your replies! I know many farms and gardens are scattered through out the city. Since, I have been away I don't know all the exact locations. I do know that the Capuchin Soup Kitchen runs the Earth Works Gardens.

Here is the link..

http://www.earth-works.org/

:thumbsup:

It really is about semantics. I haven't seen in farms in Detroit, but I've seen plenty of community gardens. If anyone knows where there are traditional farms (land set aside/zoned for the use of full-scale farming), I'd like to know where I can find some.

I don't know if that's what the one I am refering to is or not. I will have to look into it further. One of my classmates informed me about it, so I will have to get in touch with her when I see her next.