South Carolina's "Beautiful Places"

GvilleSC

Maybe this is a bad idea, but I'd like to have a place to share pics of our fair state. Threads in each city's subforum are wonderful, but this way we can truly appreciate the state's different areas by having them side by side in one thread...

If this is not needed then feel free to close it and I shall continue hunting through subforums... Otherwise, come on y'all and share what you've got! :)

I'll start off with a couple of shots of my hometown, Greenville:

Augusta Street Retail in the Historic West End:

186923893_33569a1f2c.jpg

One of many old buildings in the West End that have been given a second chance:

186919375_0cfda00f4e.jpg

Bowater's Headquarters at Camperdown and Falls Streets:

186919376_28825730ea.jpg

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics, guys. I don't have any of Fort Mill, tornadoalley. Maybe somebody else does. Oh, and welcome to urbanplanet.

You guys are quick! Thanks for the warm welcome. Trying to get as many facts about your great state as I can. We will be there Sept'06 to visit and to look around and maybe even buy :yahoo:

You guys are quick! Thanks for the warm welcome. Trying to get as many facts about your great state as I can. We will be there Sept'06 to visit and to look around and maybe even buy :yahoo:

What places are you planning to visit? If your planning to visit Greenville during labor day weekend, be prepared for a ton of people due to the u.s. pro cycling championship being here that weekend. :thumbsup:

A photo from part of the Cancer Survivors' Park, in downtown Greenville:

CSPark_01.jpg

Saint George's Greek Orthodox Cathedral, in downtown Greenville, with the Italian-style Villagio di Montebello tucked away on the slopes of Piney Mountain and and with Paris Mountain in the background:

StGeorgeCathedral_01b.jpg

Falls Park on the Reedy, in downtown Greenville:

FallsPark_22.jpg

FallsPark_23.jpg

FallsPark_18b.jpg

FallsPark_14.jpg

FallsPark_27.jpg

FallsPark_25.jpg

Here's some more Beautiful places in SC--

Downtown Greenville- the City Center as seen from the West End

191050100_3dc77b79a9.jpg

Just across the NC state line, this is lake Jocassee and the SC mountains

191059532_6727ea8026.jpg

Once again, Lake Jocassee

191059533_e66049ca59.jpg

With a little contrast and brightness altering, here's a better view

191059535_fc62972c4c.jpg

SC Mountains- Oconee County

191059536_835fc4ebca.jpg

191059532_6727ea8026.jpg

Lake Jocassee is completely located in South Carolina. I assume you meant to say were standing in North Carolina when you shot this, right? Jocassee is definitely one of the most beautiful lakes in the nation. Devil's Fork State Park is a great place to begin enjoying the beauty and fun around that area. :shades:

Lake Jocassee is completely located in South Carolina. I assume you meant to say were standing in North Carolina when you shot this, right? Jocassee is definitely one of the most beautiful lakes in the nation. Devil's Fork State Park is a great place to begin enjoying the beauty and fun around that area. :shades:

haha, it sounded right when i typed it. :rofl: Yea, this was taken from the beautiful Whitewater Falls in NC. pretty much everything you see is good ole SC.

haha, it sounded right when i typed it. :rofl: Yea, this was taken from the beautiful Whitewater Falls in NC. pretty much everything you see is good ole SC.

And Whitewater Falls is practically on the NC/SC border, so definitely most of this shot is of SC, except maybe a few leaves in the foreground. :lol:

Downtown Greenville- the City Center as seen from the West End

191050100_3dc77b79a9.jpg

191059532_6727ea8026.jpg

Once again, Lake Jocassee

191059533_e66049ca59.jpg

With a little contrast and brightness altering, here's a better view

191059535_fc62972c4c.jpg

SC Mountains- Oconee County

191059536_835fc4ebca.jpg

Beautiful pictures GvilleSC, they take me back to my hiking trips in the Bad Creek Project. South Carolina has some most excellent mountains!

• 2 weeks later...

More beautiful places:

Greenville's oldest church, Christ Church. It is the foot of the cross that downtown's 5 original churches form--

206785367_ef141bffae.jpg

Autumn in rural Upcountry South Carolina. Pickens County--

206785368_dd2b0dda50.jpg

206785369_e3cc9a46d3.jpg

Clemson University's Tillman Hall at night--

206785370_6e3bbab362.jpg

Across the state, DeBordieu Colony's beach front. Georgetown County--

206792526_eeec77b871.jpg

Those are some beautiful photos of Columbia, even if borrowed from the CVB web site. :thumbsup: I'd love to see more photos of Columbia here and even see a Columbia POTD thread in their Forum. There are so many beautiful places in the state of South Carolina and, as beautiful as Greenville is, I'd prefer to see images from elsewhere in the state sometimes.

Let's see some Lowcountry pics, too, y'all! Bring your A Game! :shades:

Those are some beautiful photos of Columbia, even if borrowed from the CVB web site. :thumbsup: I'd love to see more photos of Columbia here and even see a Columbia POTD thread in their Forum. There are so many beautiful places in the state of South Carolina and, as beautiful as Greenville is, I'd prefer to see images from elsewhere in the state sometimes.

Let's see some Lowcountry pics, too, y'all! Bring your A Game! :shades:

I can take some of the MUSC hospital construction from my apartment window if anyone wants to see them. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived