South Carolina's "Beautiful Places"

GvilleSC

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks krazeeboi. The air is so amazingly fresh this spring. While walking to the Station Cove Falls in Oconee County this morning, I kept stopping to take huge gulps of deliciously aromatic mountain spring air. It smelled like the freshest, cleanest laundry detergent you could ever purchase, with a bold yet gently sweet fragrance to pleasant to ever adequately describe.

I added a few notes on the flickr page for the Pickens County photo. You can clearly see Table Rock Mountain and Sassafras Mountain, among several other things from that vantage point. Someday I will try to get a photo when the atmosphere is not so hazy. That's a real skyline, far more beautiful than any other in the state.

• 3 weeks later...

The Place of Peace, on Furman's campus in Greenville.

The Place of Peace is a gift from the Tsuzuki family of Nagoya, Japan. This was a family temple in Japan, on land owned by the Tsuzuki family. When they sold the land, the family offered the temple to Furman and the people of the Upstate. The temple was taken apart, piece by piece, shipped across the Pacific, and then reassembled by highly skilled Japanese workers who traveled from Japan.

Definitely one of South Carolina's "Beautiful Places" and also one of SC's most peaceful places.

IMG_5379.jpg

IMG_5361.jpg

IMG_5367.jpg

IMG_5352.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Interestingly related to the previous post, Charleston's Broad St was named as one of America's greatest streets by the American Planning Association.

http://www.planning....s/streets/2012/

I know King Street tends to get all of the attention for retail, but Broad Street is truly amazing--art galleries, churches, government buildings, etc., it has some of everything.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived