South Carolina's "Beautiful Places"

GvilleSC

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Cooper River bridge is just so AWESOME. You've definitely got to experience crossing over it for yourself. I did for the first time this past Monday when my family and I ventured down to Charleston for a Labor Day outing. It's magnificent. I wouldn't mind actually walking across it on the pedestrian walkway, which is what I just may do next time I return.

• 2 weeks later...

No, this is an excellent idea! I am from Bristol, Tennessee and was in the Lancaster, SC area over the weekend after a trip to Charlotte. I took these photos at Andrew Jackson state park and some others taken on highway 52, heading back toward Charlotte. I was not expecting the tallness of one of these palm trees in the photo. I love it there in South Carolina. I did not want to leave. :D Last time I was there was in 1995 when I visited my aunts house in Easley, but do not remember anything about it. She now lives in Anderson... still need to go there and visit.

Next month, we are planning to go to the Congaree National Park and onto Wilmington.

Anyway, here are some photos I took in South Carolina over the weekend and some others I will slip in on our drive back home here in northeast Tennessee.....

:)

100_2870.jpg

100_2869.jpg

100_2896.jpg

100_2899.jpg

100_2883.jpg

100_2874.jpg

100_2875.jpg

100_2867.jpg

Now, some Charlotte photos....

100_2926.jpg

100_2927.jpg

Now, here is going back home, northbound on I-77 in Virginia, just across the NC-VA state line on Saturday evening. This is heading up the mountains toward Hillsville, VA. The 2nd photo is looking back southeastward toward the foothills of western NC- from the area which we had just left. At the bottom, it was 83

Very true.... :D I just thought I would throw a couple in there, as they were taken on our trek back home. Also, the last ones were taken in extreme southern Virginia/extreme northern North Carolina.....

Charlotte is in North Carolina though :)

Yeah, it is really nice through there. I am surprised that there is not a "scenic overlook" pulloff there. :unsure:

Gotta love Fancy Gap heading into Virginia!

Yeah, it is really nice through there. I am surprised that there is not a "scenic overlook" pulloff there. :unsure:

There isn't.... yet. A group on Edisto is pushing for the main highway to recieve National Scenic Byway status, which would probably lead to recieving money for pull offs and such.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived