South Carolina's "Beautiful Places"

GvilleSC

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What 's beautiful from the sidewalk can be just as beautiful from the air! :shades:

Speaking of which, if you haven't check out Firefox's photos in the Columbia from Above thread, you should! These photos of the capital city were taken from SC's tallest building though, and not from an airplane (or whatever it was) like those of Greenville.

Speaking of which, if you haven't check out Firefox's photos in the Columbia from Above thread, you should! These photos of the capital city were taken from SC's tallest building though, and not from an airplane (or whatever it was) like those of Greenville.

I saw those shortly after they were posted. Definitely nice for being inside a building. Someone should somehow get into a helicopter to get different angles similar to the ones done for Greenville, Charlotte, Atlanta, etc. Those are incredible, IMO.

These pictures come from the town I last lived in before I relocated to Rock Hill, Branchville (my hometown on my mom's side of the family), located in southern Orangeburg County. The town's claim to fame is as the first railroad junction in the world. More town history can be found here.

This is the old railroad depot, now home to the town museum:

branchvillemuseum.jpg

branchvilledepot.jpg

eaterydepot.jpg

railroadplaque.jpg

Here's a link to an article and a picture of a beautiful structure in a beautiful neighborhood. Here's an article from The Greenville News' publication "City People" about Broad Margin. Broad Margin is one of only two Frank Lloyd Wright designed structures in the state. The other one is in Beaufort County. Check it out: Broad Margin

It's a good read about a treasure of which many people aren't even aware. :thumbsup: Making an appointment and going could be a nice addition to a photo walk around Greenville.

I like your depot photos, Krazee. Is there much to Branchville (downtown wise)? I've never been, but you've peaked my interest.

Thanks for the compliments.

The only other site of interest downtown would be this area that's made to look like one of the "old west" downtowns. It's really only utilized during the annual "Railroad Daze" festival held in September (which is a really big affair for a town of only a little over 1,000).

A few months ago, a high-end clothing brand based in NYC had models posing on the tracks near downtown and in front of the depot. I thought that was pretty cool.

Krazeeboi, do you recall the name of the clothier "from NYC?" I ask because this brought an SC company, Anthopologie (Trenton, Edgefield County, SC), to mind.

Below are a few photos from around Greenville's beautiful downtown at night:

The well-advertised and highly-acclaimed Liberty Bridge:

LibertyBridgeFallsParkNight.jpg

A view from the Liberty Bridge, with Reedy River Falls in the foreground:

LibertyBrdgFallsPark_01.jpg

Court Square, with the historic Westin Poinsett Hotel in the background:

WestinPoinsettNight_01.jpg

Poinsett Plaza office tower:

PoinsettPlazaNight_01.jpg

RiverPlace, phase I, with Hampton Inn & Suites directly across the pedestrian bridge:

RiverPlaceNight_01-1.jpg

Archived