Antiquing in Grand Rapids

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found an online review for some great and well hidden antique dealers in town. I would imagine the selection is quite good in the area considering the long furniture legacy.

Antiquing in Grand Rapids - igougo

Good article. I went to a few antique shops this past weekend in South Haven and Saugtuck. The Blue Star Antique Mall right off of 196 in Douglas was excellent.

No offense to established retail locations, but...I went to the Allegan antique show last month, and found exactly what I was looking for: antiwue postcards of GR!

[coming soon to a newsgroup near you; started scanning last night]

I've found quite a few there also. They actually have entires sections of booths devoted to postcards and paper collectibles and most have a ton of Michigan and GR postcards.

Thanks for posting that article, dbrok. I've forwarded it on to my sheet-music scavenging husband.

I remember how fun it was to rummage through Bridge Street Antiques in the mid-80s and early 90s. Then began their long slide down into Crudville. Horray for Eastown Antiques, which has a fast turnover of merch, clean, un-cluttered displays, and is within walking distance!

If you haven't been and enjoy antiquing, make sure you check out the Century Ave stores. They've got tons of amazing things and is kind of a hidden treasure.

I agree. I hit up a few of those over my mid-winter break, and came home with a painting of a French Chateaux that had been buried in the corner.

Of course too much antiquing can lead to sensory overload.

Archived