PROPOSED: Crowne Plaza Expansion

mental757

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, did anyone else laugh out loud at this?

"He praised Carpionato’s vision to build the hotel set back from the main road in order to create a “sense of arrival,” as guests pull in the driveway.

Yes, very visionary to set the hotel back across a sea of asphalt and lawn... Absolutely no one has thought of that approach to suburban building construction yet :rolleyes: . Visionary...

- Garris

let me think here:

Hampton Inn

Hilton Garden Inn

Holiday Inn Express

there is one in Metro center - an 'extended stay' type hotel

can't remember the rest

more on the way:

NYLO

There are several on the Warwick/West Warwick line, near Rt 2. Plus the hotels built between UPS and the old Apex, in that industrial park.

wow - so much hatred for Warwick here - while Warwick doesn't do anything for me personally - it's no better or worse than any other PVD suburbs...

I think there is a dissapointment with Warwick because it is firmly within the urban sphere, but tries to play itself as being otherwise. And to continue to see these poor choices in an area that has great potential is disheartening.

If Warwick would focus on making the new train station area truly urban I'd like the city a whole lot more. Some of the streets over there already are pretty urban neighborhood streets, with duplexes and small lot single family houses. Much of Lakewood and Norwood are like this too, houses built close to the street on small lots, much like parts of Providence and Pawtucket. The problem is, all of these streets of houses in Warwick are only connected by huge sprawling streets like Post Road and Warwick Ave. There's no center and nowhere to walk to. And Warwick so far refuses to build any sort of commercial area in an urban fashion. Apponaug, the closest thing to a core in Warwick, is basically a strip mall and City Hall now, and now Route 117 will completely bypass it.

I think there is a dissapointment with Warwick because it is firmly within the urban sphere, but tries to play itself as being otherwise. And to continue to see these poor choices in an area that has great potential is disheartening.

Agree. They have a strangley separtist view of themselves...refusing to accept that fact that they are part of the Providence Metropolitan area. If they embraced it they can have a vibrant identiy as the air transportation link for the metro.

Instead, they want to claim TF Green as a Warwick airport and the metro centre as their train station. Very immature...get over it - a suburb is not a destination.

Agree. They have a strangley separtist view of themselves...refusing to accept that fact that they are part of the Providence Metropolitan area. If they embraced it they can have a vibrant identiy as the air transportation link for the metro.

Instead, they want to claim TF Green as a Warwick airport and the metro centre as their train station. Very immature...get over it - a suburb is not a destination.

What he said. Warwick has an infuriatingly high opinion of itself, which only looks all the more pathetic if you're not among those drinking the koolaid.

Sorry. But the airport issue maddens me to no end. Until the airport expands, I'll have nothing to do with that city. My bank is in Warwick: I'm keeping that. The airport is in Warwick, and soon this train station: I'll use them. And my money will support nothing else that they can call theirs.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived