the Baseline rapist

MJLO

What do you guys know about this, anything? All I know is that Phoenix has been in the national spotlight because of it. I'm watching Nancy Grace dedicate her entire show to the topic right now. Is this person refered to as the Baseline rapist because his crimes are centered around baseline? I've been looking at a map with all of these dots around Phoenix, a bunch of them look to be way far away from Baseline.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it started on Baseline.

The papers here have been following it because they love to point out how dangerous Phoenix is.

It's pretty disturbing how random these murders were. People were just shot in the head while walking down the street. People in the East Valley, especially joggers, must be terrified right now.

• 2 weeks later...

America's Most Wanted (which I usually only see the beginning of because it's on right after COPS) featured Phoenix's serial killers as their first story tonight.

[sarcasm]

It was uncharactistically dramatic for AMW.

[/sarcasm]

One thing I noticed about the media coverage, is that when it was shown on CNN and other national outlets, they had a video loop of the same three shots of Phoenix. It made the city look alot more urban than it really is.

Yeah, AMW showed a few skyline shots (although zoomed in so that it looked more impressive) but also some news footage of police cars and taped-off intersections.

Maybe they want to portray it with a Jack the Ripper angle: an anonymous fiend roaming the cold anonymity of the modern urban environment.

I didn't realize that the Baseline Rapist is actually on the south side, whereas the serial killer (keep in mind that they have determined that they are two different people) started around the same area, but has more recently moved north to the Camelback area.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived